38. To the First of the Kings

I place on the baby carrier as we got ready to see if Lulu was telling the truth. With his lying ass it's debatable...but at the same time I think it's true.

Sorrel on the other hand has calmed down and apologized to me for taking his frustrations out on me. Of course since I'm such an amazing person, I forgave him. I just said that was him getting back at me I suppose for everything I've said to him.

Though now that we are so close to finding out the truth, he has been very nervous. I'd be nervous too...I can only imagine how he's feeling.

"Tell me-." I say to Sorrel as I lifted Titan from the cute little crib of his. "How does it feel to know your about to see your son again?"

Sorrel ended up smiling at me, like truly smiling at me. I was shocked because I don't think he's ever...smiled at me.

"To be honest, I'm not sure. I'm nervous - much more than I should be. I'm just afraid of the what if. What if he hates me or Gideon? What if he completely thinks others are his parents?" Sorrel asked me nervously as he grabbed Titan's baby bag.

I smile, shrugging as I now stood up straight. Titan situated now, we end up leaving the hotel room.

"If he doesn't have questions that would be even worse, so I'd take the questions. You can just tell him the truth." I state to him truthfully, and he sighs.

"I want to, and I will. I'm also worried that he won't be there. Then I really would lose my mind because all this built up excitement would be wasted." He confides to me, and I grin.

"I actually think Lulu was telling the truth for once in his life. What would be the point in lying about something like that?"

"A lot. It would be a lot of a point. That means he was tricking us and we just fell into a trap. A trap where we end up getting killed...but, hopefully that's not the case." He tells me, making me nervous.

I didn't even think about it that way.

"Why would he want to kill you?" I ask him, and Sorrel snorts.

"We both are probably the most hated by Gideon's friends. When I became pregnant with Jun you should've heard the names I was being called. Should've seen how mean they were to me. Ever since I had Jun, I've never been their favorite. They hate you because you have what they want. They hate me because I had a chance - and just that is too much for them." He states, and I began to realize how true that was.

It was a sad truth as we got in our car, giving the driver the address. From there we continued on, and it only made things much more exciting.

Sorrel was calm, but his legs trembled nervously. I knew he secretly was very nervous and probably wanted to cry. I'd cry too... Just the very possibility is a lot to take in.

"Damian I don't think I've said this to you, but thank you for helping me with Jun." He says to me, and I smile. "You didn't have to help me, yet you did. Especially with how we first started out and everything. We've really made some stride."

I nod in agreement, not disagreeing with that in the slightest.

"You are very welcome. I am happy I was able to help. For Gideon's father to do that to him is...ridiculous and evil. Had a very stupid and unjustified reason that lacked morality. I'm surprised he is even favored by many." I state to him truthfully, causing him to snicker.

"It's because he's won people's respect by manipulating, putting fear in people's hearts, and being a very good person to like. I've met his father, he's very likable when he wants to be; but you can't fall for it - or your just a target in his eyes." He explains to me, and I become impressed.