Chapter 4

"BEAUTIFUL"

Joey's POV:

"I sent your little mermaid for a swim." Morgan laughed at her not so funny joke and motioned to the lake.

"But she is scared of the water." I said.

"No she is just doing that for attention. Such an attention seeker." She held my hands again trying to stop me from going. "I mean really? Scared of the water? What kind of a person is scared of the water?" She said.

"OH I DON'T KNOW. MAYBE A PERSON WHO CANT FUCKING SWIM." David yelled as he appeared glaring at Morgan and ran towards the water taking of his shirt. He jumped over the railing and swam towards Ariel. I pushed Morgan away and also ran towards the lake. I can't believe she'd do something like this. I looked at David who picked Ariel up and pulled her out of the water. She looked motionless. I think she is unconscious. I ran towards them.

"SOMEONE BRING A TOWEL." I yelled and helped David lay her down. We all looked at her and then looked at each other.

"Is she breathing?" Darcy said as everyone gathered around us. David pressed on her chest 2 to 3 times and checked for her breathing. He then looked at me with a scared expression on his face and then looked at her. I got really scared. What if something happened to her.

"Cmon Ariel." He said as he pressed on her chest again and she breathed sharply and coughed. I felt relieved to see that she is alright. She opened her eyes and looked at everyone around her.

"Thank God." I said and everyone sighed in relief and smiled.

"Are you alright?" David asked caressing her cheek with his thumb and then helping her up. I wrapped a towel around her. She nodded and wrapped her arms around herself. As if she was scared. She is obviously very scared.

"Ariel. Do you want me to take you to the hospital?" I asked bending my head a little to look at her cause she was looking down.

"No. I just w-wanna go h-home." She said her lower lip trembling as a tear rolled down her cheek. She was shivering. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and took her to my car. She sat inside the car and I ran to the other side. I sat in the driver's seat and looked at her shaking body.

"Fuck Morgan! Why are you so stupid?!" I muttered under my breath and started the car. I looked at Ariel again and saw she was still crying silently. I felt really bad.
"Are you sure you don't wanna go to the hospital?" I asked once again and she shook her head.

"Just take me home please." She said so slowly, I barely heard it.

I started driving and after a while i looked at her shaking body and realized that she was soaking wet. She'll get sick if she didn't change. I stopped the car on the side of the road and she looked at me.

"Why'd you stop?" She asked. I grabbed my bag from the backseat and took out my hoodie from it and offered it to her.

"Change." I said and she shook her head.

"No. I am not changing, just please start driving. It's already very late. My mom would be worried." She said sniffing and hugging herself again. "I don't even have my phone, I can't text her either." She whispered slowly to herself looking out the window.

"Ariel don't be stubborn. It's a 2-3 hour ride back home. You'll get sick if you didn't change out of those wet clothes." I said and she stared at me for a while then took the hoodie from me.

"Okay. Get out of the car." She said and i raised one eyebrow.

"No. Why would I get out of the car?"