Chapter 8

"I'LL TAKE YOU THERE"

-two days later-

Ariel's POV:

I got out of our house with my mom by my side and looked down at my clothes. Are they alright?

We are going to Joey's house

We are going to Joey's house. His dad has invited us for lunch. I am a little nervous to see Joey. A little nervous about what his dad would say about me quitting the job. A little nervous about my mom finding out. I haven't told her yet. She's gonna find out anyway so why ruin her little moment of happiness.

-

We arrived at Joey's huge mansion and went inside. We met Mr. Mercado and i looked around but Joey was nowhere to be seen. Good. I think? We sat in the living room and then i just got really bored listening to mom and Mr. Mercado's old stories. So i got up and decided to walk out to the beautiful patio they have. I was just walking here and there looking at the pool from afar, when...

"Boo!"

A voice from behind startled me and i jumped and squealed. A little. I turned around and it was Joey. He was laughing.....and holding a bouquet of beautiful flowers.

and holding a bouquet of beautiful flowers

"What the hell Joey? You scared me." I furrowed my eyebrows at him. He just shrugged and offered me the bouquet of flowers. I stared at it and then at him.
"What?" I asked.

"Take them." He simply said.

"Why?" I crossed my arms.

"I got them for you." He smiled. I laughed.

"Did you hit your head or something? Are you alright?" I said sarcastically.

"Look.....I just wanted to say sorry. Okay?" He bit his lip and handed me the flowers. I was a little surprised. I mean. It's Joey. JOEY! He got me flowers? Awwwwww. No boy has ever in my whole life given me flowers. Not even a petal. I am touched. I hesitated for a second but then took the flowers and smiled a little.
"And please continue your job. I'd really like that." He smiled too.