Chapter 4

We pull up to an old cemetery just the sight of it sends chills down my spine.

"Why are we here?" I ask looking to John B "You'll see" he tells me Kie and I shoot each other a look.

We get out of the car and start walking in the cemetery.

I walk closer to JJ "This place is scary, John B what are we doing?" Kie asks.

I latch onto JJ's arm.

"Okay so you know how you try to remember a song and you can't remember who sings it?" John B asks and I nod "So this whole time I thought Redfield was a place right? But it's not its a person" John B explains he holds a lantern up so we can see the name of the grave.

"Vol-Effing-La" JJ says "It's my great grandmother. Olivia Redfield. That was her maiden name" John B says.

"Ok that's cool and all but I still don't understand why we are here?" I ask John B.

"Don't you realize my dad knew the message was gonna get to me that's why we are here. There's something in here I know it" he says I nod letting go if JJ. "Help me with that door come on" John B says to the other boys.

I walk over to Kie. "Hey I need to talk to you about something later. It's really important but you have to promise not to tell the guys" I tell her my voice just above a whisper.

Her eyes widen "Oh my god are pregnant?" She whispers "God no" I say chuckling "Well?" I joke "Nah" I say.

"But it's still important and you have to promise not to tell the boys" I tell her "Promise" she says "Shake on it?" I ask she nods and we do our handshake.

I feel something on my ankle I look down and see a snake slithering past me.

I jump back "Holy fuck!" I yell and I stumble back.

"That's a cotton mouth" JJ says then he starts barking at the snake "JJ shut up!" I whisper yell he continues.

"JJ shut up!" Kie yells "You're gonna wake a dead man" Pope adds. "What? they're afraid of dogs everyone knows that. Wait hold on" JJ says.

"What?" We all say in unison "If there's one there's probably dozens" JJ explains.

I step farther back from the tombstone.

JJ starts barking again.

"JJ stop!" I yell "Stop barking at the snakes" John B says pushing him back.

"John look we're not gonna get in there it's not gonna budge" Pope says "We should probably just go"

"I can get through" I tell them "What?" They ask.

"I can get through" I repeat "No no no you think you're gonna fit through a hole?" John B questions.

"John B I'm the shortest out of all of us. I'm 5'2 and I barely weigh 100 pounds. I can fit through the damn hole" I say putting my hands on my hips.

"And this is for you. You need to know the truth about your dad" I tell him putting a hand on his shoulder.

"You sure bubs?" Kie asks I nod "Are you sure?" JJ asks again "Yes I'll survive it's just a hole!" I tell them.

"Let's do this!" I say happily as they follow me.

"I'm gonna boost you alright? I've seen it in movies several times" JJ tells me and I chuckle.

"Remind me what we're looking for?" I ask John B "You'll know when you see it" he tells me.

JJ boosts me up and I slid into the hole. That's definitely not what she said actually that's most likely what he said. I laugh at my thoughts.