Chapter 5

I stand next to JJ as we test drive the drone.

"What's this?" JJ asks poking something "Don't touch that" Pope slaps JJ's hand away.

Kie and John B make faces at the drone camera and I chuckle.

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly man. What would we do without you to control the drones?" JJ asks "Technically it's not a drone. It's an ROV" "Shut up shut up! It's too early for that right now" I chuckle at the two.

JJ comes over to me and hugs me from behind pressing my back against his chest.

"Hey once we get footage of tbe wreck we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim" John B tells the group.

"That's such bullshit. Why do we have do that?" I place my hands on top of JJ's and I sway us from side to side.

"Well, there is maritime salvage law. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up" Pope tells him.

"I know I know. It's just. Lawyers aren't cheap bro" I rub his arm to get his attention.

He looks down at me "What's up princess?" He whispers to me and a light blush appears across my cheek "I'm tired" I mumble.

"I know, we can go back to bed soon k?" I nod.

"As soon as they see the footage they'll work for a comp" John B says casually.

"How do you know all of that?" Kiara asks "My dad said it like a million times" John B shrugs."Yeah that's fair" I say.

"The tether is really long" Pope states "In the wrong weather this thing could get pushed around" he adds.

Thunder rumbles and we all jump.

"Oh come on" I say unhappy

"So now we just gotta wait around for the right weather" Pope pauses and looks towards the sky "and today is not that day"

****

I walk into the kitchen and see my grandma putting some dishes away.

"Do you want some help with that nana?" I ask "Yes sweetie thank you" she smiles as I help her put away the rest of the dishes.

"Can we talk nana?" I ask "What's up Jennifer?" She asks I cringe at my name.

We move over to the couch.

"Why do I have to go with Aunt Shelby? I mean I can just stay here with you! I can pick up more shifts. I'll help you pay the bills. You need someone to take care of you" she let's out a big sigh.

"Jenna I would love for you to stay here with me-" "Great so it's settled I'm not leaving!" I say happily at the same time cutting her off.

"But" she states "You would do so much better in Arizona. Your aunt has gotten an amazing opportunity here. The job she got is so good that you guys might be able to afford a two story house with a pool" she tells me trying to make me feel better.

"Nana I don't care about a stupid house! I care about living in the cut. I care about JJ. I care about Pope. I care about John B and I care about Kie! How can you guys expect me to just drop my whole life. These people are my family! This place is my home and I don't want to leave" I tell her as my eyes start getting watery.