Day 13 : My favorite book

Favorite book.... 😅😅😅

Now comes something interesting.... 💖

Books are my first love, as you all, know, so I will be listing up ten of my favorite books 📚 😉

P. S this is a very concise list... 😆

👉 Wings of Fire by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
This is an autobiographical analysis of the former President of India and the best scientist who shaped ISRO. It needs no introduction. Dr. Kalam has been my inspiration since class 2 and hence, this book motivates me a lot.

👉 Many lives, many masters by Dr. Brian O'Weiss
Dealing in the genre of psychology, this is one of the pioneers that dealt with the concept of reincarnation and regression therapies to cure mental ailments which have no reason. It opened the gates of spirituality and acted as a bridge between psychology and spirituality. It was an honor to have read it.

👉 Lajja by Tasleema Nasreen
This is one of the best books that deals with the plight of minorities in Bangladesh after 1947. It was truly terrible to read that. The communal violence it depicts is heart breaking.

👉 A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth
This is one of the longest novels ever published. As the title states, it deals with the turmoil of Mrs. Mehra to find a suitable boy for her daughter bringing out the beauty of human perspectives and emotions.

👉 And then there were none by Agatha Christie
She is my favorite author and I feel this is the best book by her. The title has it all, no description needed.

👉 The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
This is another heart touching autobiography of a young girl who faced the tryanny during World War II. Wars are terrible and they crush  one's reality. This book is a live example of the pain a child would have felt, the fear she would have undergone along with many known unknown faces of history.

👉 Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
This is a collection of nine short stories dealing with the perspectives of humans. 'The Real Durwan' was indeed, a heart touching story published in this anthology and trust me, it was surely a terrible one!

👉 The Gene : An Intimate History by Siddhartha Mukherjee
This is a wonderful book dealing with science in a simple language. Written by an oncologist, this book deals with the power of genes, the way they express themselves and transform each one of us. It deals with the mental illness of the author and it enlightens about Eugenics.

👉 The Blue Umbrella by Ruskin Bond
I am an avid fan of the disillusional stories of Ruskin Bond which leave me thinking about the tidbits of the climax. This is indeed, a masterpiece by him which intrigues me. It deals with a young girl and her love for a blue Japanese umbrella. It's beautiful.

👉 The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
This is a classic. It doesn't need an introduction, for sure. The way it brings out the beauty of recurring dreams and a search to join the tidbits of the dream, is truly intriguing. This self help book is indeed, a fantastic journey of life in itself.

Bonus

♥️ The Bhagvad Gita
This is not mere a scripture, it is the way of life. This book has the power to show an individual a right path, at random. All its shlokas have a meaning, a motive, a reason and a teaching. It motivates to live life on a right path. It is indeed a stress buster for everyone. I can speak a lot about it because it is truly commendable. I am still on my journey to explore this beautiful concept.

♥️ The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
"Why we do what we do in life and business"
This statement describes this book indeed. Written by a journalist, this book deals with the science of habit formation and formation. It was a bestseller and it truly deserves to be.

These are wonderful books I love to read as many times as I can.

Love you all
💜