Chapter Thirteen, Removal of Danger

Chapter Thirteen, Removal of danger

It has been a few weeks since the trials and the announcement of the crimes Dumbledore had committed and while the Black family were happy they were increasingly worried that Wormtail had not been caught. They wanted him caught before Harry attended Hogwarts, they didn't want anything to happen to him. They knew that Voldemort was now gone for good as the Goblins had rounded up the Horcruxes he had made with ferocity that no witch or wizard had ever seen and destroyed them all as soon as they had obtained them.

Harry has been coming along so well since Sirius has brought him home. It seemed having Draco around almost constantly has been good for him. Showed him what it should be like to play with someone his own age, showing him the love and care they were showing him was normal and the Dursley's treatment was not. He had even started initiating some contact with someone other than Sirius. It seemed Harry had also been good for the older generation of Blacks as their hard and frozen hearts had indeed softened since the first time they met him.

He has brought the whole Black family together again, none of them being estranged from their family anymore. Andromeda and her family were constantly round at Grimmauld place, all three of them being added to the Black family tapestry along with Sirius and Harry. Narcissa has her sister and cousin back and was also constantly round with Draco and Lucius. Remus now stayed in Grimmauld Place trying to make up for lost time with Sirius and Harry. Pollux, Arcturus and Cassiopeia adored Harry and had Menes their bond with Sirius. And as for Sirius he was mending from the treatment from his patents and reconnecting with his family other than Andy and her family. It seemed Harry was the glue that holds them all together.

One afternoon, two weeks after the trials Sirius had taken Harry to a Muggle play park. He had a wide smile on his face as he watched Harry playing with the other children, he still flinched when someone he didn't know touched him but he was getting there slowly it would just take time.
"Daddy, can you push me please?" Harry asked as he ran over to Sirius pointing over his shoulder at the swings.
"Of course Pup." Sirius smiled happily taking Harry's had leading him to the swings. "Hold on tight." Sirius said. And once he was sure Harry was doing he started pushing Harry on the swing. Slowly at first but soon he started pushing harder so Harry went higher laughing as Harry's laugh filled the air.

After spending two hours at the park Sirius decided it was time to head hone as it was getting late. As they were nearing Grimmauld Place, Harry's have held tightly in his they saw Remus come running up to them.
"What is ur Remus?" Sirius asked concerned, picking Harry up placing him on his hip.
"It's Wormtail." Remus said in between catching his breath. "They've caught him. He was hiding at the Weasley's. Amelia trialed him and sentenced him to death as soon as Arthur brought him in."
"Harry's safe?" Sirius asked barely hoping to believe it.
"Harry's safe." Remus assured. Sirius let out a bark like laugh as he was suddenly filled with overwhelming sense of relief as the fear finally left him.

 Sirius let out a bark like laugh as he was suddenly filled with overwhelming sense of relief as the fear finally left him