[XI] Horror Fiction in 11 Spooky Steps // part two

Or, Things Get Creepier

A/N: This is based on Season 3 Episode 5 of Community. Enjoy!

{December 1985 \\ post-season 3}

HORROR FICTION IN ELEVEN SPOOKY STEPS // PART TWO
💀 💀 💀

Max cleared her throat and began to tell her story.

💀 💀 💀

Once upon a time, a beautiful maiden was traveling alone in the woods by horse.

Her horse got spooked by a shadowy figure amongst the trees, bucking her off!

Thankfully, a handsome stranger rescued her, taking her to his cabin nearby.

"Oh, thank you, kind sir!" the maiden said as he helps her into his cabin. "I don't know what could've caused my horse to spook so..."

"It's fine, madam," he said, his voice a low rumble. "I'm sure it was nothing..."

"Rumors fly about monsters in the woods around here!" the maiden says fearfully. "Is there any truth to this claim?"

The man smiles evilly.

"Unfortunately, yes!" he crows.

He snarls, and vampire fangs descend from his gums!

"I am one of the beasts you speak of!" he roars. "And I'm going to suck your blood like Dracula!"

The maiden cries and cowers.

"Please, don't, sir!" she says. "I am a simple, beautiful maiden, and I have so much to live for!"

"I must feed!" the vampire yells.

He opens his pantry and a pale, sickly woman covered in vampiric bite marks stands there.

The maiden gasps.

The vampire bends over to the sickly woman to suck her blood, and she shrugs.

"I'm completely fine with this," she says, monotone.

The maiden turns to leave the house of the creature, but he stops her.

"Wait!" he cries. "Please...teach me to read!"

👻 👻 👻

"'Teach me to read'?" Lucas asks. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"The vampire is misunderstood," Max explains. Now, let me finish."

👻 👻 👻

The maiden, feeling pity on the creature, agrees to teach him to read.

He starts out stumbling over simple sentences, but soon enough can read Shakespeare eloquently.

"I'm so proud of you!" the maiden says. "In just a few short hours, you can read—and are an incredible public speaker."

"It's all thanks to you," the vampire says. "Unfortunately, my bloodlust is not yet quenched..."

He tries to grab the maiden's arm, but she slips away and dashes across the room.

"Nice try!" she snaps. "But that's not how this story's going to end."

The woman removes her cloak, and her eyes start glowing an unholy shade of yellow.

"You should know better than to trust strangers," she says with a cackle.