Chapter 1

Warning a few swears from adults not much.

~ Sometime in the not so distant future ~

A 23-year-old Marinette was running along the streets of Paris, frantically trying to make it to her home in time before their friends arrived. The time was 3:47pm and her friends were scheduled to meet at 4pm to celebrate the birthday girl. Marinette figured she would've had plenty of time, if it wasn't for her best friend, Alya, who had a habit of arriving early.

Finally bursting through the doors of her modest home, she breathed out "I made it! I made... It" Marinette's voice trailed off seeing a woman, wearing an orange and black dress, carrying a giggling little girl in her arms. "Really Alya! This is ridiculous why are you here so early?" Marinette groaned before turning around and slamming her head against the now closed door in exasperation. Marinette's reaction was ignored by her best friend but caused a light chuckle from the man standing behind Alya who somehow managed to go unnoticed before.

"Oh, Mari you know how much Alya loves seeing our little kitten, did you really think she would waste any time being further away from her when she could've been here instead?" Adrien chuckled, walking towards the blushing ravenette with an amused expression. He leaned in to give her a kiss on the cheek then directed his attention to the box in her hands. "You got it?" He asked, specs of excitement sparking in his eyes.

"I got it!" Marinette squealed in response, running over to the coffee table in the room to place the box down. Quickly followed by her husband, who wrapped his arms around her waist to embrace her from behind. Marinette opened the lid of the box to reveal a beautifully decorated cake. It was a classic vanilla sponge cake coated in a pale pink icing. Atop of the cake was sitting a pink bear holding small balloons with the number 1 on them. The cake was coated in little ladybugs and black cats surrounding the 3D bear and balloons, all of which were made from edible confections from the greatest bakery in all of Paris- Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie.

Adrien's eyes bulged in amazement at the sight before him. He squeezed his wife and rested his chin on her shoulder, nuzzling into her neck. "The cake looks absolutely amazing! Your parents truly are the best bakers, they really went all out." He said in amazement, receiving a giggle from the love of his life, who was blushing in his arms.

Marinette spun around in, still in his embrace, and wrapped her own arms around his neck and pulling him in for a kiss. "'Only the best for their granddaughter's first birthday will do' they said" Marinette chuckled thinking of the many hours her parents had taken to prepare the cake. "They should be here in about 10 minutes with the rest of the party food. I don't know why they insisted on making so much when it's only going to be the 8 of us and our Kwamis." She chuckled lightly before stopping once her eyes met with her husband's.

Adrien's previously happy expression turned into a frown as he spoke his next words. "6. There's only going to be six of us." Marinette's eyes widened slightly in surprise, curiosity, and sadness. "Nathalie came by while you were grabbing the cake to say that her and father couldn't make it but they gave me that," Adrien nodded his head towards the left of him and Marinette followed his action to see a small, rectangular box on the table in white and light blue wrapping paper as Adrien continued speaking, "saying it was for Emma. No doubt his way of apologising first still not having met his granddaughter after a whole fucking year." Adrien finished, shaking his head at his father's continued neglect for his family.

Marinette unwrapped her arms from his neck to place them on his face, gently caressing his cheeks with her thumbs. "I'm so sorry kitty." She placed a loving kiss to his lips, silently assuring him that -even if his father were not- his lady would always be there for him.

After they broke apart Adrien gave his wife a sad smile as she removed her hands and placed them back on his shoulders, his own still being draped around her waist. "It's okay princess, I'm used to it by now. I guess it was foolish of me to think that he would make an effort with her when he never did with me." He sighed as they both looked to the other side of their large living room to where Alya was cooing at the baby she was bouncing up and down in her arms. The happy couple smiled at the giggles escaping from their daughter's mouth, blissfully ignorant of her father's reminder of his cold childhood. However, just like she did when they were children, the woman in his arms pulled him from the dark with her blinding light and eternal, unconditional love. Marinette stood as a reminder for Adrien of all the good in his life and all the good that was still yet to come. Placing a real, Cheshire Cat grin on his face Adrien pulled away from his wife's embrace and grasped her hand in his, placing a kiss on the top of it, bowing slightly, before leading her away by the hand. "C'mon M'Lady let's go grab our daughter before Alya kidnaps her again." Marinette laughed at his remark and they walked hand in hand to the girls playing on the floor.

When they were close enough, Marinette took Emma from Alya's arms, ignoring the grown woman's protests. She reacted as if she were a toddler who had her toys stolen from her. "Shush Alya she's mine, if you want one go make one, Nino should be here soon." Adrien laughed at his wife's crude comment while Alya growled mumbling something about trying to. Marinette however ignored her best friend and turned her full attention to the beautiful girl in her arms. She lightly stroked the small blonde locks forming on the top of the child's head while staring into the same vibrant, bluebells eyes that her husband fell in love with many years ago. "Hey Emma, hey baby." She cooed, "how's my favourite girl on her birthday?" Marinette tickled the girl's belly, receiving loud giggles which melted her mother's heart as her eyes started to fill with tears of pure, undeniable joy.

(A/N) Yes I decided to start another fanfic. No I don't care that I've already got one going on.

Hope you enjoy the story as much as I enjoyed writing it so far! I've currently got the first chapters done and this one has 1085 words.

Feel free to comment any mistakes I might have made and let me know your opinions. Vote if you liked it :p

Might come back and add photos later idk

Okay I think that's it, see ya!✌🏻🐞🐾