Chapter 2

Marinette stood at the end of her dining table with her daughter wrapped in her arms, both of them facing towards the other end of the table. Spread across the table were dozens of different types of baked goods, party foods and presents for little Emma Agreste on her 1st birthday. Right in front of the child was the beautiful cake that her loving grandparents had made in preparation for her birthday.

All eyes were on the girl as they sung happy birthday, but her eyes were darting around the room trying to see as much as she could. She looked to her left and saw her grandparents. Sabine was standing in Tom's arms with a huge smile on her face, singing along to the song while her husband was trying to blink back the tears that were threatening to fall out of the man's eyes. Emma then looked to her right, where her Aunt Alya and Uncle Nino were standing. Nino has his arm draped around Alya's shoulders, while she had her arms out in front of her. Resting on her palms were two Kwamis, Trixx and Wayzz, fox and turtle. The four of them were singing along while staring intently at the child. Emma's head whipped behind her to gaze at her loving parents. She was in her mother's arms while her father had his held securely around Marinette's waist. Floating by his shoulders were Tikki and Plagg, the strongest Kwamis of all. Tikki had her arms around a crying Plagg, who was desperately trying to hold his emotions and regain the uncaring facade he usually held. Everyone one in the room was overwhelmed with glee while the child scanned the room like the curious little kitten she was. Nothing could ruin the current happiness they held as Marinette and Adrien blew out the candles on the cake when the song came to an end, at least that's what they thought.

Suddenly a large bang was heard from across Paris, the sound piercing through the city and startling the child into a deafening cry.

"Are you kidding me! Every damn time something good happens Hawkmoth just has to ruin it" Adrien growled in anger and let out an annoyed groan.

"That is so uncool dude!" Nino mumbled while Alya gritted her teeth in annoyance.

"Seriously?" Marinette said, shaking her head and rolling her eyes. "Ugh, c'mon guys let's go. The sooner we get the Akuma taken care of, the sooner we can get back to having fun and celebrating."

Sabine came over to her daughter, taking Emma from her arms. "We will watch over her" she said, concern and determination filling her eyes. "Go, take care of Paris and be careful."

Marinette smiled and nodded to her while Adrien turned to his mother-in-law. "Thank you, Sabine, Tom. We will be back as soon as we can." He then turned to his wife and friends, "let's go guys."

"Tikki, Spots on!"

"Plagg, Claws out!"

"Trixx, Let's pounce!"

"Wayzz, Shell on!"

After transforming into their superhero forms, the four friends headed out to defeat the Akuma as fast as they were able so they could get back to the awaiting Emma Agreste.

~~~

They had been fighting for almost an hour and all the heroes were getting tired. The Akuma they were facing was incredibly strong, no other villain had held out so long, especially facing all four alone. Something isn't right Ladybug thought to herself. Seeing no plan of escaping the situation at hand, Ladybug called for her Lucky Charm revealing a small black box with red Chinese symbols carved into the top.

"What? But Hawkmoth and Mayura aren't even here?" Chat Noir questioned, standing next to his partner, "What are we supposed to do with that?" As if on cue, Rena Rouge and Carapace were thrown into the wall beside them with a groan. They stood up, with much effort, and came beside Ladybug and Chat Noir. They all held a defensive position as Chat Noir released a catlike growl at the sight before him. Hawkmoth and Mayura has in fact decided to join the fight. The two were standing beside the Akuma as Mayura called for her special power, once again giving life to Hawkmoth's amok. The giant purple moth hovered above the three, wings flapping in the air it created soft gusts of wind, sending a cold chill towards the four heroes. Crap, we should have gotten more help thought Rena, similar thoughts running through the heads of the others.