3

It was only a short time later that Finn, Grace, and myself found our way to the campus bonfire. When we got there, the party was in full swing. Everyone was with their groups, laughing enjoy the night air. 

We settled for our usual spots by the blazing fire. It was tradition every Saturday to have a bonfire, mostly to celebrate a winning of sort. What we were celebrating this Saturday was beyond me. 

"Is it just me, or is it extra crowded tonight?" Grace asked, whipping her head side to side.

"I think it's just you. I mean there's a few new faces, but what else would you expect?" I say chuckling at her confused gaze. 

She then turns and looks at me, "No something's different tonight. I don't know what it is."

"What, the world isn't revolving around you?" Finn pipes in. Graces narrows her eyes.

"No." She huffs. "I was only saying I feel like something is different." 

I zone out of their bickering, surveying the scene around me. It does seem a bit crowded, but I don't see the reason why it would feel any different. Most of the time when we had our Saturday night bonfires, students from other school would join. It was more of a community gathering.

My eyes land on a familiar face. My breath hitches in my throat when I see that he's already staring at me. I see the corner of his mouth turn up in a smile. Damn that smile.

"Sam, I'm going to get drinks. Wanna come with?" Grace asks, getting up and walking over to me.  

" No, I think I'm gonna go use the restroom. I'll take a coke though." I say, getting to my feet. She mumbles a 'lazy asses' under her breath. I grin as I start the walk to the bathroom across the field. I can feel eyes on me, but decide against looking up. 

After I get done, I open the door and look over to where Finn is. I see Grace sitting back in her spot, talking rather loudly to Finn. He rolls his eyes at something she says. 

"What are we looking at?" I jump at the sound of Oliver's voice that has somehow appeared next to me. I put a hand on my heart.

"What the hell are you doing sneaking up on me like that?" I swat his shoulder, looking at him my eyes wide. He has a stupid grin on his face. 

"Well, I'm sorry you weren't paying attention." He says with his smug accent. "Anyways, I seen you standing here and I thought I'd say hi." his smile returns. 

"Well, hi." I start to walk off. 

"Is this how all our conversations are going to go? You always walking off." He quickly falls into step with me.

I don't answer and keep walking. "Okay, I guess that's a yes." He says, in a quiet voice.

When we get to Grace and Finn, they're still bickering about the state of the bonfire. When we sit down, and they go quiet. I feel their eyes on me. I look up and see their eyes are confused. 

"What?" I ask looking between them. When I see Finn looking at Oliver, I understand. "Oh, this is Oliver. He's in an art class with me. Oliver, this is Grace and Finn." Grace is grinning. Oliver is nodding. And Finn is looking straight at me.

No one talks for the longest time, and I'm nervous. Either Grace is going to burst with joy, or Finn is going to explode.

And I'm not sure which is safest. Only when Finn is the first to speak do I know I would've rather had Grace start a conversation. 

"So, what are your intentions with my sister." My eyes widen. I mentally face palm. Grace stifles a laugh, looking off to the side. 

"I'm sorry?" Oliver asks looking at me, eyebrow raised. 

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jun 13, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Almost. Used To.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें