34

🌼🌼🌼

S H I N  R Y U J I N

my check up with ms. seomin just ended. i actually don't think that's a check up, we basically just talked about puppy seung all the time. i think i'm the last person in this building to know that they're siblings. looking at ms. seomin now, i can see a big resemblance of them two. wow, was i that ignorant about that obvious fact?

i also found out that the paintings earlier was actually painted by seungmin. impressive, i didn't know he paints. i was very surprised when ms. seomin told me that, i think my eyeballs jumped out of their sockets.

i also won't forget the embarrassment i had when ms. seomin asked me why i didn't know seungmin paints when in fact, we're in the same circle of friends. when she asked me that, i didn't know what to say. especially since she's seungmin's sister. i can't just tell her that i don't really pay attention to her brother, it will make me look like a mean friend. and i feel so bad about not befriending many people now, hyunjin, chaeryoung, chaeyeon and seungmin. they're all great people but i was too self absorbed to befriend them before.

i didn't really have to tell ms. seomin all that anymore anyway. she said just by looking at me she already knows the situation. what can i say? she's a psychology graduate for a reason.

i bid goodbye to ms. seomin and head for the door. i spent a long time here, good thing i was legally excused from my classes. when i went out of the room, i was surprised to see seungmin there sitting at the bench just in front of the room.

i close the door behind me and stared at him. he haven't noticed me yet since he's busy doing something on his phone. with a small smile on my lips, i made my way towards him and stopped right in front of him. he looked up and when he saw me he stand up immediately.

his sudden movement made us both surprised. i took a few steps back and so did he, resulting to him sitting back down again.  we stared at each other as we try to register what just happened. what the heck? we're both acting so weird.

based on the look on his face, i know he's asking himself the same thing. my lips start to twitch to a smile as my whole body slowly starts to loosen up. when i'm finally at ease and all the awkwardness in my body is gone i started laughing.

do you know that moment when you're so awkward with someone but you just want to make friends? well that's what i was feeling. i remember seeing something in the internet saying that laughing can be handy at such moments, i'm doing it now and it really is handy.

my eyes are squinted because of laughing but i still cearly saw how seungmin also started laughing. see? now we're just laughing as if we weren't so awkward moments ago.

" whatcha' doing here puppy seung? " i asked after our laughing session. i smirked at him and emphasized the nickname i just used.

he stood up again and groaned when he heard me use the nickname. " can you not use that? " he furrowed his eyebrows in frustration making me let out a chuckle.

" i'll think about that "

he sighed at my answer and then he straighten his clothes before taking a small step closer towards me.

" i was waiting for you " he said, straightforward.

i stopped and am surprised about his, again, sudden action. seungmin seem to realize what he just said too. his cheeks turned pink and he's raising and moving his hands, don't know what to do. now how can i not call him puppy seung? he's adorable.