Chapter 4: Damn It, Zabini

Lyra groaned as she stretched. Why is my bed so hard? She wondered. She looked to the side and almost jumped in shock. She was still up in the Astronomy Tower.

It was a school day.

A weekday.

They had classes today.

"Shit!" she cursed as she jumped up. She quickly flicked her compact mirror open and shuddered at her reflection. She looked terrible. Makeup was running down her face, her hair was a mess of curls, and her uniform was crumpled.

"Merlin! Salazar! Dear seigneur, je vais mourir! Nat va me tuer!" Lyra muttered under her breath as she tried to straighten out her uniform-to no avail.

She groaned as she untied her hair and let it be in tight curls down her back.

"Hic pulchritudo," she muttered as she flicked her wrist. Instantly, on her face was flawless makeup. She had grey smoky eyes, smudged eyeliner, mascara, dark maroon lipstick-her signature mark, and sharply contoured cheekbones.

"What time... EIGHT?!" Lyra screeched. "I'm gonna be late!" She dashed out the Tower and ran into a secret passageway that led to the Slytherin girl dormitories.

Lyra panted as she checked her watch. It was 5 minutes 'till 8:20. She had classes starting at 8:20. Starting with Transfiguration, DADA, Potions, Charms, Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures, and then Ancient Runes.

Lyra spit out a list of curse words in French, racing to her dorm. She shoved the door open and grabbed her leather school bag, shoving in books, parchment, a couple of quills along with ink wells, her drawing pad, and, last but not least, her glasses. Yes. Glasses.

She couldn't bother to put on her contacts today. She was late.

And Nat might kill her.

"CALDERON!" Lyra yelled, running-the best she could in four inch heels- to her best friend.

Natasha's head whipped around, her brown waves flying. "LYRA!" she screamed.

Lyra stopped in front of Blaise, Draco, Theo, Daphne, and Nat panting as she tried to regain her composure.

"Where were you?!" Daphne exclaimed.

"You didn't come back to the dorms, you idiot! I thought you died or something!" Natasha cried, hitting her best friend on the head.

"Yeah. Been kicking up a fuss about you the whole day. Don't know why though," Draco drawled.

"Like you were any better, Malfoy," Lyra snapped at him.

Blaise took a step forward. "Vaillancourt," he started. He got a lock of her hair and twirled it around on his finger. "What the fuck happened to your hair?" he asked.

Lyra snatched her hair out of his hand and tied it into a messy bun, strands falling into her face. "I fell asleep on the Astronomy Tower," Lyra replied sharply, eyeing the group as they processed the information.

Suddenly, Natahsa screeched. "Who were you with?!"

Lyra jumped and massaged her head. "Shut up! And I was with no one! I fell asleep cr-looking at the stars," she corrected herself.

"Crying?" Draco raised an eyebrow at her.

Lyra glared at him, slapping his shoulder. "Looking at the stars," she seethed.

Draco raised his hands in surrender. "Jeez. Okay," he muttered.

Then, the door opened to let the students in.