Chapter Fifteen: Summer of 5th Year, Going into 6th

Author's note: I know that the picture is Buckingham Palace but just imagine that that's the Vaillancourt Estate.

I woke up to a blood-curdling scream.

"What the fuck?" I whispered, quickly getting up and throwing a sweater over my head.

I tip-toed to my air-vent. The one that connected my parent's room to mine. I heard people talking.

"Where is it?!" a male screamed.

My mother cried. "I don't know! I don't know!"

"I'll give you one more chance before I hand your daughter to the Dark Lord! Where is it!" the male growled.

I snapped out of my trance. One thing was on my mind.

"Shit," I cussed, my eyes wide. Death Eaters were in my house. Fucking Death Eaters.

I put a silencing charm on myself-running to my closet. I pulled out a large suitcase-the biggest I had- and started shoving random clothes in it. I ran to my bathroom, taking everything I probably needed and shoved it in the trunk. Same with undergarments, books, jewelry, anything. I even put half my shoes in.

"Shit. Shit. Shit," I muttered, hearing screams from the other room.

I slipped on a pair of high-tops and grabbed my wand, shrinking my trunk. I opened my window and looked down.

It was a 1 floor drop. 

I wouldn't die.

Hopefully...

I took in a deep breath and jumped.

"Ow!" I whisper-yelled as I landed on my feet. I knew I twisted my ankle. But this really wasn't the time. I might die. I ran over to the stables quietly-thanking Salazar and Merlin that no one was there.

"Abella!" I whispered as I unlocked the door to my horse's stall. I quickly mounted her and walked her over to the door of the stable.

That's when I saw it. And heard it.

There were two blood-curdling screams and then a bright flash of green light. I choked back my own scream and took off on my horse.

"Abella, to the Malfoy Manor! Quickly!" I whispered.

After an hour of riding, it started raining. I quickly got soaked. Malfoy Manor was still about 30 minutes away. I didn't have time to rest.

"Come on, girl! Little bit more!" I urged Abella.

And in less than 30 minutes, we reached the looming front gates of the Malfoy Manor. I quickly dismounted and opened the gates, running in. Abella followed.

I felt choked as I banged on the door, desperate for the Malfoy's to be home.

At about my fifth knock, the door opened and Draco was in front of me.

My nerves calmed some what and my heart dropped in relief.

"Draco!" I breathed, hugging him tightly, my wet hair dripping on his robes.

"What the fuck! Lyra?!" he exclaimed, still hugging back.

"I need to see your parents, Draco," I said, ignoring his snap.

Draco let me in but stopped me. "Why are you freezing, in the rain, looking for my parents, and... did you ride your horse here?!" he looked at me like I was crazy.