Chapter 3 - No way

Scrolling through the guardian for anything to read Ally comes into your room and sits next to you. Looking up from your phone you see her flickering her gaze back and forth from you to the door where Charlie was putting her thumbs up in support.

"Yes? How may I help you?" Ally jumps slightly at your voice but regains her composure.

"I have something to ask you," you nod for her to continue. "Well..."

"Oh! Can it wait until later tonight? I need to get to work early, me and Ida are repainting the store," with a slightly embarrassed face Ally nods and let's you go. "See ya tonight!" Grabbing your keys you hurriedly get to the store.

~~~

"How about we paint the bottom frame of the wall this baby blue and..." you hold up a box of paints. "We can paint on flowers on the white wall?" Ida smiles brightly and nods. After paying for the paints and brushes you both made your way back to the closed store and got ready to paint. "I hope you don't cherish these clothes, things are going to get messy,"

"I can tell," Ida grins and takes out a brush and carefully dipping it in the paint. Taking a moment she paints on the first stroke of fresh paint. "Oh! This is exciting!" You chuckles and help her paint the rest of the bottom frame. As the day went on you had finished the entire outside and were now moving onto the flower designs for the white wall. Lightly sketching out vines and flowers Ida helped by creating intricate details around the window.

"Rule number one," you turn to the lady who quirks a brow. "Have fun," she smiles and paints on the first green vine.

~~~

Stepping back and admiring the work Ida couldn't help but hug you for the hundredth time today. "I can't thank you enough, this looks wonderful!" Giving a soft laugh you place an arm around her shoulder and stare at the art for a while.

"How about we clean this up?" She nods and carries the small paints inside as you carry the large buckets. "I think this was a successful day," your boss agrees and wipes her hands on an old piece of cloth to rid them of paint.

"I can't thank you enough,"

"You don't need to thank me, I just can't wait to see everyone eyes light up when they walk in here!" As the clock struck the end of your shift you pick up your things. "I will see you next week, alright?" Ida waves you goodbye as you walk down the street just before giving the newly painted shop a good look.

~~~

"So what did you want to ask me?" Ally stops eating her food and slowly looks to Charlie who gives a supportive glance.

"Well... Charlie and I have been thinking... about a partnership?" Giving a confused face Ally cringes slightly.

"We don't do partnerships, Al,"

"I know, I know," she places down her fork and fiddles with the napkin in her hand. "I just think that it's about time we get a strong network..."

"We have a network,"

"Yes, but it's not strong enough," Charlie speaks up. Shifting slightly under your gaze. "I have someone in mind,"

"We can't trust just anyone to know who we are, Chesh," she holds up her hands in defence as you look suspiciously at the girls.

"They already know who you are, Y/n," dropping your cutlery you stare wide eyed at the girls.

"Who could possibly know who I am?-" then it dawned on you. "No way,"

"Come on, red!" You shake your head and quickly eat the rest of your dinner.

"You can't be like this!" With a full mouth you reply angrily.

"I can and I will!" Placing the dishes in the sink you grab your phone and walk to your room.

"We are going whether you're coming or not!" Stopping midway between your door you groan. "Yeah, we are set for tomorrow, so you better be ready by 7pm or we are going without you,"

"You-" you point angrily at the girls before dropping to the ground. "Ughhhhhh I hate you!" Crossing your arms you try and guilt trip them with fake tears.

"Those crocodile tears won't work on us, Queenie," pouting, you drag yourself into your room and slam the door shut. Mumbling swears you stop when Charlie speaks up. "Don't be angry for long! We are getting ice cream," with a conflicted look you sigh and walk out the room.

"Let's go,"

~~~

"If tomorrow goes wrong in any way," you take another lick of your ice cream and glare at the girls. "I will have your heads,"

"Whatever..." Charlie unlocks the flat door and lets everyone in. You quickly walk to your room. "Better look your best tomorrow, Y/n!" Flipping them off you slam the door shut and eat your ice cream with a frown.

~~~

Eating your ice cream with a frown is a mood ngl 🍦

- Anna ❤️