Chapter 17 - Trial

Your red heels clicked against the concrete floors as you were escorted out your cell. Now in fresh clothes Ally had delivered you stared in front of you with bored eyes, careful to not give off any emotion.

The car ride to court was short and easy, press crowded you, flashes going off and questions ringing in your ear.

Miss Heart! What is your real name?

Are you really the Queen of hearts?

What is your kill count?

How did you let this happen?

Is this part of your plan?

Will Jim Moriarty be assisting you?

Rolling your eyes you set foot in the court room, two officers grasped your shoulders, keeping your hands behind your back. It was odd... a familiar feeling, nostalgia even, linking back to Moriartys trial. You hoped to whatever god was up there, that Jim had a plan.

"Court in session," a loud bang fills the room as everyone takes their seat. It was long and gruelling, this was taking forever but you had to keep silent.

"Calling up the first witness, Ida Callahan," You set eyes on a worried Ida who was close to tears, you face softened as you gave her a soft nod.

"Miss Callahan, how would you describe Miss L/n?" She sniffles and sighs.

"She's a lovely girl, caring, helped me get my store back on its feet, never asked for anything but a job in return," she wipes a stray tear from her cheek.

"Was there any suspicious activity during her employment?"

"Of course not! She would come to work, do her job and leave, ready for the next day,"

"Thank you, Miss Callahan," Ida nods and gets off the stand. "Calling up the next witness, Sherlock Holmes..." The prosecutor grumbles Sherlocks name making you chuckle quietly. "Mr Holmes, what information do you have on Miss L/n?"

"Too broad, specification is required," Sherlock mumbles making the prosecutor sigh.

"Do you have any information linking Miss L/n to the crimes?"

"No, because she isn't the Queen of Hearts," The Jury mutters amongst themselves.

"What evidence do you have to support your claim?" Sherlock looks at you with a neutral face.

"Call it a gut feeling," the court stifles laughs as the Judge groans.

"Mr Holmes, a 'gut feeling' isn't substantial evidence, do you have anything else to provide?" Sherlock turn to the judge with a mocking smile.

"No..." Sherlock was then taken off the stand, you give him a thankful glance which he returns.

"Calling up witness, Mr Lewis," Harry pridefully walks to the stand as you clench your fists in anger. He gives a smirk to you as you glare daggers into him. "Mr Lewis, is it correct you sourced this evidence?"

"Yes, that is correct,"

"Where did you source this information?"

"Me and miss L/n dated for 7 months and in this time I had found out her identity, for my safety I kept my mouth shut, but after she broke it off I felt safe enough to report it to the police, and do the right thing," you were fuming on the inside, all that left your lips was a scoff.

"Thank you, Mr Lewis," Harry walks off the stand with a mocking grin shot your way.

"Dickhead," you grumble quietly.

"Miss Jones, can we have your first witness?" In your mind you pleaded that Moriarty had gotten you a witness of some sort.

"We call up Mr Clark Taylor," you quirk a brow in confusion but smile when you see Seb take the stand, wearing glasses and a suit, contrasting his usual leather jacket and casual clothing. "Mr Taylor, is it true you are an employer of photos and video editors?"

"That is correct," working it out in your head you come to a realisation which makes you smile.

"Is it also correct that you employ Mr Lewis?"

"Yes,"

"That's not true!" You hear Harry yell from below making you snicker.

"Mr Lewis please sit down," The judge points him to settle himself down.

"Is it true that these pictures were sourced from a photo shoot Mr Lewis had with Miss L/n for the Queen of Hearts campaign, a campaign to spread awareness of the Wonderland gangs dangerous activity?" Letting out a held in breath you bite down on your lips happily at Seb who smiles.

"Yes, that is correct,"

"Liar!" Harry shouts again, agitating the judge.

"Mr Lewis, settle down or you will be detained for disruption!" The Judge shouts at Harry who was now being approached by officers. "What evidence is there to support these claims?" The judge and jury get handed clippings from a website and unreleased articles from the company Harry was 'working' for.

~~~

It was quick and you were grateful. The moment the man on the jury said those two words you felt a joy overcome you.

Not guilty

Happy sighs escaped your friends mouths, as the court was dismissed. Walking down the stairs you were escorted back to the station to collect your things. Just before you left the building you saw a glimpse of worry and anger on Harry's face as you passed by. Giving him a wink he drains of colour as you entered the car, press crowding around him.

~~~

Out the station doors you see the consulting detective standing there with John slightly behind him. Running up to him you hug him tight.

"That was a close one," he mumbles into your shoulder as you laugh quietly.

"It sure was," pulling back from the hug Sherlock was quick to place his lips on yours. Closing your eyes you lean in closer when suddenly a loud wolf whistle fills the air. Pulling away you look to see John looking away and a sleek black car parked beside you three, the window open to reveal a grinning Cheshire and smirking Ally.

"Miss Cat, Miss Wonderland," Sherlock nods at the two girls who wave teasingly at the detective. "I'm sure you're exhausted," you give a shy nod. "I'll see you soon, Y/n," he gives a quick kiss on your cheek before walking off with John who was slightly pink. Ally opens the door for you to get in, teasingly wiggling her eyebrows.

"Oh shut up," getting into the car you looked at the rear view mirror and see two figures at the front.

"You're welcome," Jim says once the car drive off.

"Right, thanks Jim, I owe you one," he hums as everyone drives in silence.

"Was he a good kisser?" Charlie leans into your ear, rolling your eyes you yank her hair making her yelp in pain. "Ow! Ally, she pulled my hair!"

"You probably deserved it," your other friend mumbled with a smile making Chesh pout. A message pops up on your phone just as you took it out.

Emergency at 221b tomorrow night at 7 - SH x

Red rises in your cheeks as the two girls lean over to read the message. "Who knew Mr Holmes could be so smooth," Ally nudges you slightly making you growl and shut off your phone.

"I'll rip your face off," Ally chuckles and gets back to her phone as Charlie giggles. Looking into the passenger mirror that was down you make eye contact with Moriarty who had a deadly look on his face. Blushing in embarrassment you avert your eyes back down to your phone.

~~~

OK THAT WAS A LONGER CHAPTER COMPARED TO PREVIOUS ONES! All my love is being sent your way... it's standard because I don't have the money for express...

- Anna ❤️