Chapter 1: What is...Freedom?

Freedom? It is when you are doing things on your own will. Freedom? It is when no one will judge you for who you are, not because of  your religion, skin colour, or even your likes. You will do things that will make you happy and at the same time will not harm others well-being. Well, for other people that's what freedom is, but as for me, I don't even know what freedom is.

I am Reignald Lucios Carpi, my close relatives and friends call me Reign. I'm a veteran actor,a well-known supermodel and a leader of the most famous idol group in the world called 'Delight',yeah, 'Delight'! Sounds cheesy right? Anyway, Delight is a four member group,namely: Jack, Baste, Ace and me, Reignald!

I never planned on becoming who I am right now, but my family and friends won't stop nagging me that it would be a waste of my talent if I won't showcase it in public. Since I always want to make the people around me proud, here I am, making their dream (not my dream) come true.

I've been in entertainment circle for almost half of my life. I started my career since I was 16, and now, I will be turning 28 next month. Yes, 12 years! 12 years and I don't even know what freedom is.

I do love my talents and I want to show it on my own way, not the other people's way, where to the point I can't even rest my body and mind for a week, or even for a day. Yeah, that's my life, and it sucks!

I am so desperate to have my freedom back, I want the feeling of being free. And I'm not planning to spend the rest of my life being tied up to other people's business.

I also want the life of being young. Go partying, having adventures around the world, and have the love of my life. Yeah, I haven't been in a single serious relationship. I've dated a lot of girls, models, actresses, and some daughters of my father's business partners. But, none of them have made my heart beat fast, not even a beat.

They are all gorgeous, pretty, have perfect curvy body and influential backgrounds. They are all my type,  but they are not just the 'One'. Yeah it sounds crazy and cheesy and stuff, but hey! Can you blame me? I'm a very romantic guy.

I've grown with my parents who really love each other up until now. And that's why I believe that love is real, and I wish that the love of my life will come sooner and not later.

I don't like the attention I'm receiving right now for most of the people around the world knew me. I can't even go to beaches, parks, malls and other famous public places because people will always recognize me and get an autograph or a take a picture with me. And that's not a freedom anymore!

I am always surrounded by my eight well built bodyguards for 24h because aside from my career I am also the only heir for Carpi Corporation, the wealthiest family and the most established business in the world which I hated also. I don't blame my parents for that but it is also one of the reasons why I can't have my freedom back, more burden!

I always hope that someday or someone will bring light to my lonely life that will let me give up what I have (which I don't want to in the first place) and live my life. That's all I want.

"Mr. Reignald?",  I felt someone tapped my right shoulder.
"Mr. Reignald?!", I felt a tap again, much stronger and this time it brought me back to my senses.
I looked around and saw my secretary/manager/best friend, Jerry, holding an iPad in his right hand and looking at me with a concerned eyes.
"Sir? Are you alright? If not, then we should turn the car back to your condominium, postpone the meeting and just relax for the rest of  the day."
I looked at his concerned eyes and just rolled my eyes, "I'm fine. I just didn't sleep well last night and that's all. And, will you please stop with the formality. It feels odd when you are being formal."

He turned his gaze back to his iPad and spoke, "And I also told you SIR that during work, we should not involve our personal matter".
"Okay, fine, you know what? Forget what I said".

We are now on our way to the main building of my father's company, Carpi Corp., for I will be meeting some important clients that my father entrusted me with. We are now currently riding one of my collection of cars which I just bought last week and we are being followed by the guards that my father, Reynold Carpi,  hired to protect me.

Yes, my parents are overprotective of me as I am their only son and their heir. I actually have a younger sister, Sherry, she is 8 years younger than me and we all love her so much and we are very protective of her.

The car is filled with silence for the rest of the ride. After 15 minutes of silence, I finally caught a glimpse of the building and saw that there are a lot of people, my fans, outside and I got really annoyed. What do I expect?!
I do love my fans because they really appreciate me not just because of my good looks or powerful background but for my works also. I just get annoyed sometimes 'cause they were always following me wherever I go. Like, don't they have their own lives? Don't they have a family or friends to tend to? Well, I don't really like getting into other people's business but I just don't get them.

As the car stopped at the entrance, my fans started screaming my name. "Ahhh! Reignald! Reignald! We love you Reignald!". As I got out of my car, I wore my sunglasses and started walking into the entrance door of the building being followed by Jerry and my bodyguards to protect me from crazy fans.

As I got in the building I went to my private elevator and Jerry pressed floor no.31 where I would meet the important clients.

Ding!

I got out of the elevator and Jerry opened the door for the board room and there sat two men and a woman with formal attires with their secretaries standing at the side of the room.