Prologue

The rain was pounding down on the window sill as a lonely girl was sitting by the window. Her messy brown hair was thrown on one side of her shoulder and her eyes gazed out through the glass. She was looking as if the rain was falling down from the sky and soaking the grass and the payment. Her mind was racing, thinking about the things that have happened. The slow creepy pain stayed in her chest, making her throat burn and her hands clammy. She was trying to grab for something that wasn't there anymore and the wilted flowers in the vase on the kitchen counter reminded her of that. Maybe, she was holding herself as tight as she could, but nothing really worked because everything that she looked for was gone and faded. Her misty eyes were one moment away to let her rainfall down her cheeks.

She was waiting for that sunshine again. The sunny days when she was smiling and doing her best for herself and that one person she loved the most. Maybe, not anymore, she didn't know if she still loved or if was it even real love. The girl was certain that she was just tricking herself to believe in something that she wished for. But now that the house was quiet and the walls were left with a consistent silence, the girl was left all alone to sulk in her own sorrow. She constantly asked herself if she wanted to reverse the time and go back to when she felt blissful, naive and hopeful. And if someone asked, she would probably answer - no. Because she understands now that it was painful and it was squeezing the life out of her.

The weather made the girl sadder and just like that, a little raindrop fell on her pale cheek coating it wet. A little sniffle left her nose as she put her hands on her face. It has been a few weeks already but she didn't know how to control her feelings. Was she hurt by him or was she hurt that she didn't realise the horrible things earlier? The answer was unknown to her. There were some questions that were unanswered. The girl didn't know who to ask. All she knew was that she hated herself and she hated that person who did this to her. There was nothing else to do but to move on, and yet, she didn't know how to do that. Her attention was grabbed away from the rain when the phone started to ring. With wary eyes, she looked at the telephone that was lying on the countertop vibrating and calling her to take it fast before it stops.

Letting out a sad sigh Beth gets up to take the call. Her eyes widen just by looking at the caller ID lighting up the screen. Without any hesitation, she pressed the green button.

"Hello?" She answered after clearing her throat from that clump that was sitting there from the crying.

"Beth!" A cheerful voice said into her ear. "It's been a while! I haven't heard from you in years!"The girl was confused because she had not heard this voice in years and it made her heart pound in her chest. The soft voice reminded her of everything of the past and childhood. The best memories that she had. She loved the soft velvety voice and now she realises that she misses it all this time.

"Sofia," she sighed. "It has been a few."

"How are you, honey? I have been trying to get a hold of you for the past months because I thought we could do a little reunion, you know."

Beth tried to stable her voice because she knew that it could break out into slight whimpers. Her hand touched her neck to get a hold of herself.

"What reunion?"

"You know, the boys and us." Sofia's voice still sounded so cheerful to Beth's ears and it made Beth jealous a little bit. She wished she could reply with the same happiness that she used to do. "Jimin and Jin had their wedding like a year ago and you didn't answer their e-mails or phone calls, and turned out you changed your number."

Now Beth felt worried that Sofia will assume that the wary girl wasn't okay. And she didn't want to worry her friend about something that was Beth's fault.

"Oh, yeah," Beth replied softly, "I had to change my number because of work. My... uh... work required no disturbance."

Beth frowned at her own lie. She was so bad at lying but she hoped that Sofia didn't catch her in her little lie. It was far from the truth - why Beth changed her number and her location and everything that was associated with her past.

"But you will come to the reunion, I would love to see you again and I bet the boys would too, after all, we all were good friends, even though you were important to them," Sofia said. It was evident that Beth's friend didn't hear Beth lie through her teeth.

Beth stood frozen in her kitchen and didn't know what to reply. She was finally free. Finally, she could do whatever she wanted. She could use this opportunity to move on and make herself happy again. She knew that she missed her friends. After all these years, she yearned to hear them laugh and see their smiles.

"Alright, I'm in. Tell me when and where. I will be there," Beth finally said after a long pause. "Oh my god, I thought you would say no," Sofia laughed. On the other side of the phone, Beth heard some voices mumbling and Sofia replying in a whisper - I will go up soon.

"Sorry. It was Yoongi, he hates when I wake him up from his precious sleep." A little giggle left Sofia's lips and it made Beth smile. After Beth realised that she was smiling again, she felt the tears coming like waves. It was from the happiness that her best friend gave to Beth.

"Well, I'm guessing you are living in the US right now. That's what I heard. But I hope it will be no problem for you to come to Korea and celebrate with us. I planned everything and if everything goes as I want then the date is the 7th of June. But you can come earlier. We most definitely need to go shopping for some cute clothes." Sofia went at it, and just from that Beth let herself smile even wider. The girl took her sleeve and rubbed her eyes and cheeks to wipe the tears away.

"Yes, okay. I will be there. I will text you when I get the plane tickets, alright?" Beth held the little sniffs because she didn't want to alarm Sofia that something was wrong. But the brown-haired girl could confirm that there was nothing wrong.

"I'm so excited, I will wait for your text. Now, I have to go before Yoongi comes at me again for not letting him sleep." With the final goodbyes, both friends hung up the call. Beth looked out of the window again, the rain was still pouring down but she didn't feel so sad anymore. She loved the warmth that was burning in her chest. Now it wasn't pain, but a little flame of joy.