Chapter 1

After a few weeks of preparation, Beth was ready to go to Korea to finally meet her friends. Her tickets were set and the hotel room was booked. Sofia did offer Beth a place to stay at her and Yoongi's house but Beth dismissed that offer. Her excuse - she didn't want to disturb Sofia and Yoongi by staying with them. With hard convincing Sofia agreed that Beth stayed at the hotel.

It was a sunny and hot day, right before Beth left for the plane. While she was driving in the taxi, she pondered what it will be like to see her missed friends again. Will they recognize me, Beth asked herself, looking out of the window as the taxi drove passed the tall buildings. She wasn't sure but she couldn't wait to greet them and talk about everything that has happened over the years.

Beth was sure that she wouldn't let her slip and tell about her past years. She didn't want them to know how hurtful and painful it was to live with this person that made her chest burn in hellfire. She hated it too much. The memories shouldn't resurface.

The taxi stopped by the airport and let her off. The brown-haired girl took her luggage and walked through the swarm of people that were too busy running around. There were still a couple of hours to spare for Beth before boarding the plane. She decided to just sit down for a coffee and just wait. She would be lying that she wasn't nervous about the reunion. The stress was wrecking her insides because seeing Jimin, Jin, Yoongi, Jungkook and Sofia will seem different. All of them would be all grown up and matured, and yet, here was Beth. It felt like she didn't know how to learn from her past mistakes.

Just right then and there, this brown-eyed boy resurfaced in her mind. Taehyung... Beth wondered if was he okay, did he grow up to be a great man and did he find himself, someone, to love and who would cherish him. The girl wasn't sure because she hasn't seen him for the longest time. The last meeting and the last goodbyes for her were still engraved in her mind.

Does he remember me? Does he think of me?

With that, she left her empty coffee cup and made her way to the plane.

***

The flight was peaceful for Beth. She tried not to stress herself too much but there were still some things that she remembered from that time when she was in Korea the last time.

The plane was slowly going down and with its final thud, the wheels hit the asphalt of the airport. With a soft sigh, Beth was happy that there were no complications flying and now she was safe and sound on the ground again.

After the plane stopped at its spot, the passengers got up and took their bags. The girl was still sitting and waiting until the walkway of the plane was free to move. Before getting off she made sure that she had everything and walked out. The airport was full of people and she looked around to find the familiar face. Just this moment reminded her of the time when she came to Korea to meet Sofia and the boys. It was the time when she got introduced to Taehyung through the computer screen. All those nights she spent talking to him and getting to know him. Beth remembered when she walked these airport floors for the first time. She was too excited to even contain herself. That time she met Taehyung and with a little smile and joy in her heart she remembered their first kiss. She would lie if she wasn't surprised at that time but she loved every second of it. This memory made her kind of sad, but Beth didn't let herself dwell on it too long because all good things need to come to an end.

The girl followed the people to get out and soon enough her eyes met Sofia's. Beth broke into a run and hugged her best friend. Beth took in the warmth that she missed for so many years. Both laughed at each other not breaking the hug, they couldn't stop smiling.

They let go of each other after a few moments and Beth finally greeted Yoongi who stood there awkwardly, watching as the best friends interacted. Yoongi just gave her a warm smile after Beth's greeting. Sofia being the woman with pants in the relationship, ordered Yoongi to help Beth carry the bags, even with the protests that Beth gave out, Yoongi complied with the order.

"Ah, I am so happy to see you again, Beth," Sofia said as they walked out of the airport. "Life is hard, but you know what is harder?"

"Darling," Yoongi let out a warning as he looked at his girlfriend who was ready to tease and joke around. But with a loud laugh, Sofia dismissed Yoongi's warning.

"Before I was rudely interrupted, I wanted to say, it is harder to reach you, Beth," Sofia's gaze fell on the girl that she hooked her hands with. There were no emotions in Beth's eyes, but the girl understood that she needs to answer with something.

"Oh, you know, growing up, getting older there is no time to answer the phone or emails, just work," Beth tried to smile just to assure Sofia that everything was fine and there is nothing to suspect.

"Well, I was weirded out when I got to know that you changed everything. I got your number through your mom. Even she was kind of concerned about you but I didn't ask any questions."

They all reached the car and let Yoongi put the bags in the trunk. Sofia and Beth got into the car. Beth didn't know how to respond now. She hadn't talked with her mom for a while too. Was she so lost that she has lost all the precious people around her?

"Ahh," Beth chuckled not to seem fake, "As I said due to work, I have been so busy that I am really happy that I could get this vocation."

Sofia was pondering if that was really what happened but she hoped that if there was something going on in her best friend's life that Beth would open up. After all, they both knew each other too well, but yet, Sofia was doubting knowing her so-called best friend who was now sitting in the car quietly not even giving out a squeak. But Sofia didn't want to pressure Beth into something that she didn't want to do. If Beth wanted to talk about something, she will do it when she wanted to.

Beth gave the address to her hotel to Yoongi. Sofia still tried to convince Beth to stay with them, but Beth was too stubborn to agree. The ride was kind of quiet. Occasionally, the couple in the front of the car had a small talk about the thing that they needed to do before the reunion and Beth just looked at the scenery that she used to love so much. Weirdly enough, she recognised one of the cafes where they used to drink coffee together. And the streets were full of people like always.

They drove through the city to Beth's hotel and let her out to get her room. Right before Beth turned around to walk up to the hotel, Sofia hugged Beth and said "You know you can talk to me anytime. I love you and you are my best friend. I don't want to lose you, as I lost you all these years."

Beth felt the warmth that Sofia provided with her embrace and her sweet words. Both girls smiled at each other and Sofia let go of Beth. With that, Beth bid her goodbye and promised to text Sofia the next day to go shopping.

The girl got into her room and laid on the bed. This hotel didn't seem so cheap. The room walls were plastered with decorative wallpaper and the chandelier hung low from the ceiling. The bed didn't squeak as Beth threw herself on it, she was satisfied enough. She wishes she could afford more expensive things for herself but with the situation that happened, she had to leave her previous job. She did find a normal job, long hours and she worked hard to get by.

The ceiling seemed more interesting than unpacking Beth. It did feel surreal - being here. Sometimes she wished she had amnesia. There were things that she didn't want to remember and feel but right now being here, seeing all the places where she used to be with her ex-lover from her teenage years made her sad. She made a bet with herself - if Taehyung had someone she would leave right after the reunion, she knew that it would hurt too much to see him with someone else. After everything, after all these years when the little thoughts about Taehyung came to her mind, she knew she missed him so much.

But maybe seeing him with someone else will make the memories come to an end.