+part three

"You've lost. You can't save her. Not even she can save herself."

Combustion man woke up in a cold sweat. "That felt a little too real.." he shuddered. That voice..it was too close to feeling like reality.

"I'll have to consult Yagi about that.."

It wasn't unusual for hero's to have life like dreams, visions of the future even, but something about that one made this grown, strong man get a shiver up his spine.

+

"Kiyoshi! I mean, Combustion Man, how good to see you again." Y/n joked, mimicking a gruff voice. "Haha, very funny, kid. You ready for your training?" The dark skinned hero asked, getting even more mentally prepared than he already was.

Training usually consisted of running, yelling, and tons, and I mean tons of blasts. To explain the combustion quirk further, first there's something to be said about combusting in general. To combust is the process of burning something, a rapid chemical combination. The main ingredient in this concoction is diethyl ether, a very flammable liquid that coats the skin of the person with this specific quirk. It's thinner than a spiders web or sweat itself.

The way to activate it is to swipe your hand over the skin, flick your hand to give the diethyl ether the oxygen it needs, and boom. You're in for a very explosive surprise. Paired with the simple yet effective extinguishing quirk, it's a near perfect yin and yang of sorts. A dangerously explosive combustion quirk with an equally calming extinguishing quirk, it's something to marvel at.

There are consequences to the combustion quirk, as there are with many other quirks. If over stimulate yourself, push yourself to the very limit, you could catch on fire and burn alive. Pretty dark, right? That's why Kiyoshi trains so hard and was so particular with who gets the quirk. He knows for a fact that he can get Y/n to the point she needs to be to conquer this quirk and do so much more.

Then why was that dream so-

"Kiyoshi?" The hero was snapped out of his thinking. "Are you okay? You're more spaced out than you usually are." Y/n asked, putting a hand on her hip. Kiyoshi was good about being focused while they were training. He was a very serious guy in general, not letting things get to him, so this was very out of character for him.

"I just have some things on my mind. Don't worry about it, kid. Let's get back to it, yeah?" Y/n wasn't convinced with that answer but didn't go against him. "I've been having trouble igniting and I don't know why. Ever since attending Yuuei, I've been feeling..feelings." She sighed, good one. "What do you mean?" Kiyoshi asked, having a seat next to the girl. "Well, I shouldn't really say since attending Yuuei. Ever since I inherited the combustion quirk, my life has been a lot more wild than it ever would have been," she looked down at the ground, something she rarely does. "Midoriya knows which is really scary. Having two quirks is scary, period! ..I just question if I'm cut out for all of this." She stood up, taking a few steps.

"I don't think the decision you made was wrong and I'm not trying to talk down on myself..And with the climate the hero world is in right now, my dad has been living at the station. Me and Zachary never know if he's going to come home or not. Everything's been happening one after the other and it's a lot." Y/n took a shaky breath to keep her composure. "Y/n-" "But that won't stop me from becoming the best hero I can be!" She exclaimed.

Kiyoshi loosened up.

"It's nice to vent sometimes, get all that negative energy out so I have all the space I need to fill myself with all the positive energy to get things done!!"

This kid right here. She's a good one, alright.

"If you're going to back up that talk, I better see you sweat! Let's get to business!!"