chapter eleven.

DAVID.

Opening the door, David exits out of the steamy bathroom.

He just got finished taking a shower and he couldn't chill since he had to help his mother set up the table before Giada and her family arrives.

He dropped his clothes into the bin and walk back out of his room.

When he got to the dining area, his mother was already finished. "Well damn." He muttered.

Delma looks up. "Hey baby, I'm glad you're out here. Can you go get the bowls?" She asked as he nod.

He didn't waste time as he went into the kitchen and grabbed the bowls. One bowl had steak, the other had rice. He still wanted to help even if his mom already set up the table.

He went back to the dining area and sat the bowls in the middle of the table. The scent of the food filled his nostrils as he inhales.

"I can't wait to eat." He muttered, shaking his head.

He was about to go back into kitchen when he saw his mom coming out from there with a pitcher of iced tea in one hand and the bowl of crescent rolls in the other.

"David Marvin, I know you are not in here eating. I thought I taught you better than that, boy." Delma got on him.

David chuckled and raised his hands. "I didn't even eat anything, ma."

She gave him that mhm look before proceeding to sat the stuff at the table.

He shook his head and laughed.

As he waited for Giada, he laid in his bed and flip through a magazine that features music. He loved music. He also own a few instruments.

He was about to flip to another page when there's a knock on his door. He put down the magazine and got up to answer.

Opening, there stood Giada.

"Hi, David." She smiled.

He smiled back. "Hey girl."

They share a hug.

"You smell and look good. You did all that for me?" Giada joked, wiggling her brows as he nod.

"Yeah. I didn't want to smell like outside." He joked along.

They both laugh. "But actually, I had to take one since I was outside with the fellas. We were shooting hoops at the park."

Giada nod. "That's cool. I wish my best friend Rina was here, she can play basketball real good."

"Oh word? Shoot. If you are coming back here, you should bring her."
David suggest.

"I don't know. She worked on my nerves about those numbers." Giada laughed.

"That sounds like Manny. Even though he got a girl, he be telling me to get numbers just in case if they get into a fight." David shook his head.

When she mentioned that, it reminds him of his best friend.

David and Giada begin to walk to the front of the house.

They stopped at the living room where his mother and Giada's parents were sat on the couch. "Oh, there he go. Boy, I thought you two were doing something y'all not supposed to be doing." Delma said.

"Tish and Garrett, this is my son David. David, this is your beautiful friend's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Warren." His mom introduces at they shook hands.

"It's very nice meeting you two." David smirked.

"You too, David. My daughter is so happy to be here." Tish chuckled.

"Girl, he is too. I thought he was going to take forever in that shower." Delma adds.

David rolled his eyes playfully at his mother. Giada and her parents laughed.

"Ok, y'all. Let's eat." Delma got up and went to the dining room.

Tish and Garrett got up afterwards. "Delma, do you have a room for Timothy?" Tish asked.

David look behind at the other couch where the little boy was sleeping. He didn't know he was here until now. "He can sleep in my bed." David offered.

"Aww, thank you so much sweetie." Tish smiled as David nod.

Him and Giada went over to the couch. "I'll pick him up." David told her as she was about to.

He opened up his door and enter as he carefully place her little brother on the bed.

"Hehe, thanks again." Giada whispered as David look at her.

"You're welcome. Anything for a friend of mines." He pinches her cheek as Giada giggled.

They stood there, staring at each other for a few before walking back out and heading to the dining area to eat.

So sorry that this is short! I promised that the next chapter will be longer. It feels good to be writing again!

Ready for another Quik fanfic? I got a lot that's in the works. I love that man so much. 😭

Excuse me!

But don't forget to vote, comment, and recommend!

Lots of love, Deanna/Dee. 💜