1.10 Olivia

September 6, 1946: Final period

It was the final period of this crazy day, however, Olivia's day wasn't over yet. She was stuck in yet another class with Barbara and a couple of other girls from her squad, except for the only person she wanted to be with the most right now, Jess. And Josh of course, but recently Josh had been avoiding her the same way Olivia would avoid polka dot pants. Olivia planned to confront Josh after school about it, and beg him for an apology.

She also planned on telling Josh about the whole situation that happened during lunch. Actually, Olivia already informed Josh about the shadow strangling her the same day it happened, after school. However, Josh had been running late for football practice that day so she couldn't explain the full story. No matter what Carter said, Olivia wanted both her boyfriend and Jessica's boyfriend in on this mystery. What if we actually die or something because of this? I would at least want Josh involved so he doesn't live the rest of his life in the dark unknown. Although, Olivia admitted to herself that she mainly hoped involving Josh would bring her closer to him and amend their crumbling relationship.

Olivia sighed as she tapped her pen against her desk, and rested her cheek on her hand. Her mind was especially heavy with thoughts today, and she realized she was going to have to get a facial spa done later in order to minimize the stress lines. Not only was the unattractive symbol tattooed on her right palm irritating her, but the fact that Jessica was acting weird today also angered and confused her. Why did she call me out and defend Yuta? I thought best friends are supposed to support one another about everything. I have literally done so much for that ungrateful wench.

Before Olivia could continue brooding about her life problems, Barbara tapped her shoulder from the desk behind her. Olivia groaned but tried her best to look calm on the outside since the teacher that caught Olivia bullying Barbara last year was teaching this class.

"What do you want?" Olivia hissed to Barbara as she turned around in her seat. "This better be quick because if I get, like, sent to detention for talking to a rusty hen like you, you are going to pay."

Barbara nodded her head in obedience and handed Olivia her notebook. "I-I finished all of the h-homework that you asked me to do," she explained, in a timid and anxious voice.

Olivia snatched her pink notebook and flipped through the pages. "Why," she huffed, slightly impressed. "How did you manage to complete it so swiftly?" she asked, flipping her hair and looking over her shoulder at Barbara.

Barbara gulped and her fingers trembled, afraid that whatever comes out of her mouth would be shot down by Olivia instantly. Barbara took a deep breath and slowly answered. "I... um... math is a strong subject of mine," she feebly answered.

Olivia nodded her head but rolled her eyes internally. What a nerd, she thought, while organizing the papers on her desk. "Anyways," she said, slapping a different notebook on Barbara's desk. "Finish this too."

~~~

The school day was finally over. Olivia walked towards Jessica's last period class, hoping to be able to talk to her. Olivia doesn't wait for anyone unless it's her boyfriend. Her best friend is sometimes an exception, but only when she has something important to say. An example of important topics would be a new issue of Glamour magazine that Olivia felt she must inform Jess about. Although, this time it was different. After a couple of minutes, Jessica walked out of her classroom, a frown on her face as usual.

"Jess!" Olivia exclaimed, waving a hand in front of her face. Jessica looked up and gave the girl a weak smile. "I have something important that I need you to do," Olivia declared, walking alongside Jessica through the halls.