Roman's pov

I walked into the Governor's office and sat down at the desk. After my two-week probation, I will be in charge as acting governor because the previous one was fired. The other guards were unaware of my soon-to-be position but I was well known by most of them before I was transferred here. The events that happened some minutes ago flashed across my mind, I pulled out Norla's file. she was indeed a beautiful black girl, I had taken my time to admire her fully earlier in the morning, moments before she observed me. I just had to go over her file, the evidence was strong against her but my guts told me otherwise, it's possible some things were overlooked. I made some calls to the hospital where the injured female is being hospitalized and was promised a call from the front line nurse for the upcoming Monday and also to the jail where Norla was previously held, another Monday promise was made because I was told on Sunday's somethings can't be done but on weekdays only. I started thinking about her dreamily, her dark brown skin was soft when I had held her hand, her cute smile and bright eyes made my tiresome day seemed simple, her hair oh my, damn I felt carried away. I sighed as I thought of how she could have been seriously hurt if I wasn't there to intervene. The roughhousing and prison discipline by the female gangs was alright to essence because the guards' work would be easier, knowing we'd only have to keep some of the females and staff in line, the weapons, and drugs, sigh, that indeed is a problem.

I can only hope Monday yield a good result, I can only hope that with my position I'd be able to get her out of here as soon as possible. This could possibly have all matters that landed her here cleared up so we can have a proper date, her getting to start on her career path, and us being a couple, I snickered at this because my mind ran wild deep thinking about her and the things we'd do. I shook the thought off and made some calls to her lawyer's firm who informed me that the lawyer hadn't made a breakthrough in the case, I asked for a well-known friend who had her personal investigator in the firm. I asked if it's possible to make a switch in lawyer at the same fees from Mrs. Grey. She of course was playing hard-headed but I remind her of the favors she owed me. "Jenna, she can, whenever she's cleared of these charges become your personal psychologist," I told the head lawyer friend of mine, she chucked through the phone call then agreed, I sent over the prison files and she promised to take over after consent from Norla's mom and lawyer to get on the case as soon as possible with her investigator. We said our goodbyes and I hung up. I leaned forward on the office desk and felt weary as the events of the day continued to flash across my mind as well as other personal matters.

"Come inside Romeo", a drunk Norla seductively whispered, she was alone in her cell room, I approached with caution. "Where is everyone Nor..?", she cut my last words off with a deep kiss, "trust me, Romeo we're fine, they got our back" the nickname really had a spin to it, I was already giving in. I kissed her back this time much deeper than she did, my eyes went wide as she pulled off my clothes and shove me to the bunk then climbed on top and straddle me. My hands roamed over her already exposed boobs and I watched as her dimples deepened with lust in her eyes I already had a hard-on. I rubbed my hands in a circle around her panties and placed a finger inside, she let out a moan and grabbed hard into my hair nibbling onto my left ear. " you're going to get it, babe, you won't escape I whispered harshly in her ear to which her soft giggle followed.

My hands slapped hard onto an object, as I was awoken from my sleep by a knocking at the office door, I must have fallen asleep at my desk. "Shit Norla, you did this I groaned. It was a guard who had knocked, "Roman are you OK? " "yeah what do you want Johnson? "I asked annoyed. I wish he would soon leave, because if he realized I had an erection that would've been too much. Johnson seemed annoyed at my rudeness but he informed me that a call from an extension came from the hospital where the injured female was hospitalized saying that she had woken up. I thanked Johnson as he left and returned a call to the hospital to confirm the news then found out the young woman was just recollecting her memory, I quickly dialed Jenna's number who told me she got the case and will send it over to her investigator to the hospital.

I then received another call from the head of the prison county informing me that my two weeks' probation would be reduced to one week because I already have similar experience and that all the guards were already made aware of this. I was shocked, it seemed as if this job was a pin the tail on the donkey, I didn't mind as I could use this opportunity to help Norla and put some things at the prison in order. I saw Norla and her gang after I left the office, I only nod politely to her as they passed by It would be too weird to be too friendly in the eyes of the other prisoners as it could be used against me. I would've told her all I did but thought better of it and wanted to allow all investigation to be done by Jenna first. Jenna informed me later in the day that the detective who was present at the hospital told her investigator the most she could do him is to allow at least four more days following the female's recovery before any information could be obtained from her. Jenna informed me that she'll ensure her investigator obtains all necessary information before the family of Miss Santos can remove her from the hospital or bar anyone from obtaining certain information from her. I thanked her and hung up. I made a request for some confectioneries at a sweet store, even though I can't talk to Norla directly I could send her these and a letter to cheer her up. I would try and make-believe it's from her mom and hope she'll figure out it is really from me.