On to a new chapter

"Norla Grey?" a court officer curiously asked as he approached Norla, her legal team, family, and close friends on the final court day of Norla's expected victory against the state. The legal team which consisted of Norla's lawyer, her investigator, and her previous lawyer answered the court officer who ushered them inside the courtroom. Norla's legal team started off the court session pointing all fingers at the flawed system that landed an innocent young woman in jail and had tarnished her bright future, took a toll on her mental health, and nearly cost her life.

The attorney representing the state in his defense tried to reason the state's ruling but wasn't convincing enough to overrule Norla's legal team who won the case and had to be compensated duly. A grinning Norla hugged her legal representatives and afterward excused herself and Toya to have lunch and prepare for the upcoming court case with Morgan vs Saray in the next two hours.

Toya hugged her best friend, "Norla Amber Grey, I can't express how much I missed having you around, I am as a matter of fact before I forget I'm moving in with you as soon as you say the word, and we can also both buy that dream cottage house we spoke about in the near future". Norla laughed out loudly and squeezed her best friend hands, " yes to everything and I missed you more". Both chatted while eating lunch and only got up to attend the court hearing between Morgan and Saray.

The court case was in full swing as Saray's legal team pressed Morgan's legal team on how vicious their client was and pleaded with the jury to show no mercy in their sentencing of a heartless Morgan who showed no signs of emotion throughout the evidence, witnesses and accusations against her. The judge allowed Morgan to plead a guilty or not guilty verdict to which she snarled and swear under her breath, finally uttering a guilty plea blaming Jemm for her cruel act that took her as she called it business partner away from her, The five-member jury after a long court recess found Morgan Hemery guilty and sentenced her to 12 years for the attempted murder of Saray Santos, she was marched off by a police officer to be taken to the female Central Park Female Prison.

The court ended and everyone congregated on the outside, greeting each other and saying congratulations to Norla and Saray. Saray informed Norla of her soon visit the prison to see her best friend Jemm. Norla also informed her of her upcoming training she'd undertake as a psychologist to the female prison, this was overwhelming for Saray as she hugged her and said goodbyes to everyone else. Roman had visited both court hearings but kept his distance to avoid curiosity and other possible rumors. Norla glimpsed him entering his car then drove off from the courtyard as he flashed his golden boy smile at her to which she blushed.