Missed

Beware of grammatical errors

××××

Red's

"We should plan the wedding, what do you think Adelaide?" The old sophisticated woman asked the elegant woman who look presentable yet not over-the-top, classy without looking like brand ambassador of Prada, Gucci, and other renowned brands.

The beautiful woman stops slicing the piece of steak as she turns her gaze towards her in-law.

Kengkla who's in deep thoughts earlier, sighed.

"In terms of the wedding, I think we should ask Kengkla's plans." She spoke softly.

The grandmother laughs lively, like she said something humorous. Which is not, for some.

"Why would we wait for this workaholic grandchild of mine? I'm sure his hair will turn gray before he talks about marriage." She slowly wipes her mouth with white napkin. She smiled adoring the man sitting across Kengkla.

"Red, you should consider marriage too. Margarita and I will love to see you wearing coat in front of the altar."

I had to put a small smile just enough not make them feel I didn't want to be with them, on this long and grand dining table whilst above a vintage chandelier that costs millions of money. It's too much, this kind of living bores me.

Conflicts, that is what everyone on my family tries to avoid. They chose the simplest way to live, Ahma left the limelight, the sumptuous kind of living for freedom and tranquility. Who else wouldn't want to live peacefully with no worries and fret that someone high from the society plans to step on you using their feet with golden shoes, they think they're powerful without knowing they are only pathetic monsters that craves for power and fame.

So hearing it before from Ahma got me thinking why would we want to get involved with the chaos again?

For me rich people brought nothing but chaos. Money and power are not included for my necessities.

I am contented. I have small business, I graduated from college and have my own earnings. I learned to live the hard way and I will be forever grateful that Ahma chooses to runaway from her family.

"Zumio, the food on my plate it's too much, enough now." Ahma called my father with her weak voice, she has been sick. Ahma, wants to go back here in London to reunite and be with her younger sister. She was only sixteen when he decided to runaway from my great grandfather and chose to live in China with my grandfather. They live a simple but happy life, but now that she is sick although it's too late she still wanted to spend her remaining days with Kengkla's grandmother.

I didn't know that we're blood related. Not in a million times I thought we'd be. Damn. He stole the man I love. Manipulative bastard.

Not so long before a man walks quietly and took a seat beside the youngest, Miller, Kengkla.

Madame Tashiana, had this stern look as she gaze the new comer with irritation written all over her face. How do I describe the man? He was all smile, he didn't even mind her grandmother's annoyed stare. He's looking more rough than Kla is. His jaws clenched, looking as if it was sculptured. Mischief is visible on his eyes, but I know it better he can be much more manipulative than the youngest Miller, let's say ten folds?

Ah, sitting here with them makes me sick.

"Tum Andrus! Why are you late again?" Madame Tashiana asked him, but he only shrug his shoulder.