Chapter 28

Hardy's POV

" She went to your town after we went through the accident while I was sent here. There were just me and Kia. I liked to spy and find secrets of people. I found it very relaxing.  Spying was like natural to me and never in my life was I ever caught while spying on anyone.

And because it had became a habit to me, I started searching this house. I found it an easy task since Akira trusted me and I had access to nearly everything. I didn't pried to betray her. I did that because that was the only thing that helped me relax, after all what can you do when you are just two people in total on a whole island. And you don't have anything to reveal among the two of you.

I found many things. And one day I wandered on the top floor. It was locked. I hadn't expected that it won't be open even for me. The feeling that I couldn't find out what was in there frustrated me. It made me curious as to why Akira would keep secrets from me when she had already told that she trusted me.

I asked Andy about it but he also didn't had any idea about what was in there.

One day I went to her library. She used to read a lot of books back then but they were all about machines, astronomy, human body and all science stuff. I had no interest in them because all I knew was how to become a better fighter.

I was just walking, dragging my feet when it hit something very hard. I ignored it first because I was there to find a map of the house. I went through the shelves searching for a thing which wasn't even there. I got tired. Akira never allowed bringing any device to her library or food to pass the time. I was tired.

Then suddenly I remembered what had happened earlier. I looked for that spot and finally found the thing where I has hit my foot. I managed to remove the large Persian rug in the next five minutes. I didn't wanted Kia to know about what I was doing because I doubted that she would inform Akira about what I was doing.

It was a small device in which you could insert a data cable and connect it with a laptop or mobile. I searched the drawers in the library and eventually found a laptop in one of those cabinets. I connected it with the help of a data cable and then went to close the door of the library. I didn't wanted anyone looking at me while I was doing that.

The laptop was asking for a password.I knew Akira would never put anything as simple as a birth date or mobile numbers and anything like that. I went through the books in the library to find a clue.

I got that soon.

Akira had too many books and more than fifty percent of related to humans. It included science fictions, vampire, paranormal and werewolves. In them the top categories were of vampires and transformation of human body. But I didn't find anything special in that.

A book caught my attention. I was wrong looking for the majority. That book was different from all the others present in the whole library. It was like a science fiction. I drew out some files in which Akira reviewed  the books she had read. I searched through them and I found it.

She wrote that people thought that it's a science fiction but it's not. The book gives me a feeling that all the things in it are true. And I believe it. Not everything but some part of it is true.

I started flipping the pages of the book to catch something important. Maybe Akira had highlighted something which was quite attention seeking.

I had no interest in reading it. After flipping through nearly half of the book I found the highlighted text. That was the password."

"And what was that?"

"The mysterious nine."

I don't know what that means but somehow it seemed as if I had heard that name. The name gave a creepy feeling.