The ghost of the past

Rebecca's Perspective

I don't feel like going to school today...
•Phone rings•
Huh? Who is calling me? Shiki? He has my number for LESS than 24 hours and he already called?
Rebecca: "What do you want?"
Shiki: "I just wanted to check on you. How are you feeling?"
Rebecca: "Honestly, not in the mood to go to school."
Shiki: "Great. Get dressed and come out of your house. I am waiting outside."
Rebecca: "Wait...were are we going?"
Shiki: "To the Shooting Starlight Mall for your interview."
Rebecca: "Okay, I will take a shower and get dressed. Wait for me."
I swear, this guy is reading my mind. So, what should I wear? White shirt, black skirt and black tights? Sounds good to me...white high heels? Yes.

Shiki's Perspective

Rebecca: "I'm readyy!"
Wow...she is prettier than usual.
Shiki: "Okay, let's go!"
Rebecca: "So, you are still looking for your father, right? Where do you think we should look? America is quite a big country. A name should he useful."
Shiki: "Yeah, that's true. His name is Drakken Joe."
Rebecca: "Huh? But your surname is Granbell."
Shiki: "That was my father's surname, but he changed it when he abandoned me."
Rebecca: "How do you know that?"
Shiki: "The person who told me where to find my dad, also mentioned that his surname is Joe now. But I don't know if it's true-"
Weisz: "Rebecca? What are you doing with another guy? We have school, or have you forgotten?"
Her boyfriend? Don't tell me that he is the reason why Rebecca doesn't have many friends.
Rebecca: "He is just a friend and he is helping me with something personal."
Weisz: "Oh, so you trust HIM more than your own boyfriend?"
Should I get Rebecca and leave?
Rebecca: "No, it's not like tha-"
Weisz: "Do you know the reason why the other guys don't dare to approach you? I AM THAT REASON! You have a boyfriend and it happens to be ME. I could have ANY girl I wanted and yet I chose YOU."
Rebecca: "But Shiki is my frien-"
Weisz: "Spare me the excuses and come with me!"
I have had enough!
Shiki: "Let go of her."
Weisz: "It's not like she is YOUR girlfriend. She is MY property. I can do whatever I want with her."
Rebecca: "Is that how you think of me? Your property?"
Weisz: "You know what? I will go to school and you will spend the day with this guy, okay? And the only reason you are spending time with him is because I allowed it. See ya."
This jerk gets on my nerves. I will show him-
Rebecca: "Shiki, don't do anything stupid please."
He is lucky that she told me to back off.
Shiki: "Okay...let's go, he is not worth it."
* In the Shooting Starlight Mall*
Shiki: "This is the cafe I told you about."
Rebecca: "Alright...umm...hello? My name is Rebecca and I am here to speak with the manager for the spot as a waitress."
Drakken: "We don't have a manager, yet. I am the owner of this place. Some people may say that I am the boss. Come to my office, both of you."
Does he even need such a big office?
Drakken: "So, tell me more about you."
Rebecca: "My name is Rebecca, I am 17 years old and I have no experience whatsoever-"
Drakken: "Huh? No experience? And what makes you think I will hire someone with no experience? Well...you are a hottie. Maybe if you attract more costumers, I will consider hiring you."
Rebecca: "O-okay. So should I call you boss or-"
Drakken: "My name is Drakken Joe, but feel free to call me boss or master."
Huh? Did he just say Drakken?
Rebecca: "Excuse me...did you just say Drakken Joe?"
Drakken: "Do you have a problem with my name?"
Shiki: "Do you have a son?"
Drakken: "And who are you supposed to be?"
Shiki: "Shiki. Sounds familiar?"
Drakken: "I had a son with the same name as yours."
HAD?
Shiki: "Dad...I am right in front of you-"
Drakken: "I don't have a son anymore. You are dead to me."
...w-what?
Rebecca: "I'm sorry sir, but I don't think I could ever work for someone like you."
She is so nice, but...
Shiki: "You don't have to do this for me, Rebecca. You have no experience and you are underaged. You won't find a job easily."
Rebecca: "Are you sure?"
Shiki: "Of course. My father is as dead to me as I am to him."
Drakken: "Watch your language kiddo. I am the reason you are alive."
Shiki: "And I will always bs grateful to you for that, but it doesn't mean that I will respect a man who abandoned his 5 year old kid."
Drakken: "Your mother is dead because of you. When I see you I remember her and the dreams we shared together."
Shiki: "And how is any of that my problem? Anyway, will you hire Rebecca?"
Drakken: "It's not like I have many options."
Shiki: "Rebecca, do you want to grab something to eat?"
Rebecca: "YES!"

Rebecca's Diary:

I FOUND A JOB! It's all thanks to Shiki, of course. We came across Weisz today. I didn't know he was the jealous type of boyfriend. Seriously. Shiki is JUST my friend. Nothing more. On the downside, we found Shiki's father today. He was a pervert...and VERY RUDE to his son. He was talking to Shiki like he didn't know him. I felt bad for him. I didn't want to work for a guy like this, because he was very rude to my friend and he reminds me of MY father, but shiki encouraged me and he said that I didn't have any other choices...which is true.