What was she like? (Azumane Asahi x Reader)

Warnings: angst, slight language
Key: Italics implies flashbacks,
"This is speech" 'This is thoughts'

He promised he would take care of her. She was the stars, the sun, and the moon. Her laugh and smile could power the world, and her hugs could repair the most damaged of hearts. When she cried, he was there for her, when she was sick, he took care of her. She was the light of his world.

She was all that was left of you.

"Daddy?" His daughter called out to him. Her 7-year-old hands gripped tightly to a blanket that had belonged to someone special. It had belonged to you.

A man with long brown hair and a beard looked up at his daughter. She looked just like you did.

"Yes, pumpkin?" He calls, and his daughter curled up with him.

"What was mom like?" the man froze. He'd been avoiding the subject of her mother for years now, but maybe it was time.

"Come and sit down with dad, pumpkin. This is a long story..."

"A-and then she asked me for a pen! Do you think she wants to marry me?" a mature looking boy began waving his hands wildly about as he talked to his volleyball team in a nervous voice.

"If you keep being passive like that she won't! Why would she want to marry a wimp!" A wild-looking boy replied.

"Noya-san that was harsh!" A boy with a shaved head laughed.

"How long have you liked this girl, Asahi?" a plain-looking boy with black hair asks.

"Oh god, since I first saw her, but I've been too chicken to talk to her..." Asahi responds. He begins playing with a loose strand of hair.

"So you've liked her for about... 6 years? You guys went to the same middle school, right?"

"Yeah, I was surprised when I saw her here." A silver-haired boy and a fatherly looking black haired boy glanced at each other with an exasperated look. They've had it with their cowardly friend's shit along with other boys on the team.

"Just talk to her goddamnit!" the wild looking boy yelled. Asahi winced and cried a little.

"I-I don't know how to talk to her! She's just..." the fatherly looking boy took a glance at the door before raising his eyebrows and having a slight smile cross his face.

"Remind me again, who is this?" Asahi groaned.

"(L/name) (Name)-chan! She's super cute and sweet and she's amazing! The way she talks is perfect and the way she's super smart and... and..."

"Sounds like you're really in love with her." The silver-haired boy directed his eyes in the same direction that the fatherly teen next to him had. He began to smile as well.

"Yeah... I guess I am in love." Noya noticed his seniors looking back, and decided to look back himself. His eyes widened.

"Azumane-san..." a soft voice called out. He froze. He became stiff as his heart beat faster and faster. He trembled as he slowly began to turn his large body. There you were. Your big (E/C) eyes of yours staring directly into his. The rest of the team present also looked back on you.

"(L-L/Name)..." He felt his legs twitch at the sight of you.

"Is... is that how you feel about me?" you asked before biting your bottom lip. Asahi stared at you before jumping up and bolting.