Chapter 1: Arrival

Madison, Wisconsin - December 17th 2015, 8:30 pm

1 year later

At a two-story, yell ow suburban house, single mother Karen Mitchell was loading luggage in her minivan parked in the driveway, surrounded by snow.

"Boys, let's go!" she loudly announced her two sons, Zach and Gray after loading luggage in the van.

In his bedroom filled with dinosaur posters, Gray Mitchell was looking at dinosaur pictures in his Viewmaster. Then Karen came in the room.

"Gray, put this down. Come on, hon, your flight is in two hours." Karen said as she took the Viewmaster away of her son's hands.

Then, Gray turned to his mother, who was counting items in his bag "Dane County airport is 36 minutes away, 60 with traffic." he said.

Karen was closing Gray's bag as she asked, "How long must it take to get your little butt in the van?"

Both of them smiled at each other as Gray got up and picked his stuff. As they were waling away, Gray said his mother, "Fed the monster under my bed already."

Gray went outside in his grey winter outfit and passed by his older brother Zach and his girlfriend.

"Call me everyday and text me pics so I don't forget what you look like." Zach's girlfriend said as Gray went into the car and Karen stopped by her oldest son, tapping his shoulder.

"Zach, you're not a serviceman going to war." Karen said him.

"Yeah, my mom's right, I'm only be gone for a week or so." Zach confirmed before linking up with his mother.

Zach and his girlfriend then waved goodbye as Zach sat in the front passenger seat alongside his mother.

"I know it's hard to have a single mom like me. But I swear you're gonna have plenty of good time." Karen said her two sons.

"Yeah, and did you call Aunt Claire? And did she reply?" Zach asked his mother.

"Straight to voicemail. And yes, she texted me to say her assistant will keep an eye on the two of you." Karen answered in an embarassed tone.

"It's gonna be fine. I heard that she has 20,000 visitors a day. So the two of us more, it's not even going to be a challenge to Aunt Claire." Gray told his mother and brother.

Dane County Airport, Madison, Michigan

At Dane County airport, the Mitchell family are at the airport, where a Christmas song was being played in the background.

"So, here are your plane tickets. And I guess everything is in your bag." Karen said as she handed her sons their plane tickets.

"Right, now listen to me carefully. Take care of each other, listen to Aunt Claire's assistant and answer the phone. If something or someone chases you, run." Karen told them.

Zach nodded as Karen noticed it was their turn to go.

"Love you mom." Zach said in a serious tone before Gray and him went to the checkpoint, which was commanded by a bald USMC officer, who motioned the two boys to open their bags and put their arms in a T-shape as two of his men searched them. The redhead then nodded, meaning Zach and Gray had nothing hazardous on them or in their luggage before the officer allowed the two boys to get through and stopping another group of travelers.

Then, a man, who was Karen's ex-husband Scott came behind her and told, "So much for a travel."

Karen nodded, visibly annoyed that President Obama, the United Nations and Interpol decided to involve the military in domestic security in 130 democratic countries. She then said on a critical tone, "I agree. At least, Zach and Gray got no trouble with these Marines."