Okamuro

What if by just saying the name of this entity will cause you great danger?

He will come for you seven days later

This entity will appear at your front door one week after calling for it

Sounds similar?

Reading this has the same consequences as calling it

Beware of the Okamuro;

When I was a junior high school student, my friends and I were very interested in the supernatural. We would often buy magazines with ghost photos and scary stories. We would spend hours reading them and scaring ourselves out of our wits.

My friends often got so scared that they didn't want to bring the magazines home. They would give them to me instead. After a while, I had a big stack of scary magazines on my bedside table and I would often read them at before going to sleep.

One night, I came across an interesting story in one of the magazines. It was supposed to be true. It's not the sore to story that could scare you to death, but you might die... if you're not careful...

It was a very short story, barely more than a paragraph, about a ghost. It said that if you read this story, the ghost would come and knock on your window of your door and if you didn't recite his name three times, he would come into your room and cut off your head.

I continued reading the magazine as usual and gradually dozed off. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I heard what sounded like a faint knock on the window. At first, I thought it was just a bird pecking at the window frame, but then I realized it was the middle of the night and there were no birds around. I looked at the window, buy the curtains were shut and I couldn't see anything. I started thinking about the story I had read in the magazine. Could it really be true?

I was trying to tell myself it was just my imagination, when I heard the knock again. This time it was louder. "Don Don Don!"

I got scared and recited the name of the ghost over and over. Even though it was decades ago, I can still remember it. "Okamuro....Okamuro.....Okamuro...."

Then, nothing happened. The knocking had stopped and everything was quiet. After a while, I got up and went over to the window to open the curtains. There was nothing outside.

I still don't know what it was, but after that, I was always wary about reading these "cursed stories". I feel like sometimes they can come true when you least expect it.