Trip

This story took place in a Corporate Building in Okinawa, Japan.

I've been working for this company for the past 2 years and recently we've been experiencing a slight disturbance in the third floor female bathroom. The main problem was everybody keeps on tripping and falling inside the bathroom for no apparent reason.

What made it more confusing was that there were no caution signs alarming the people about the floor and it seems like it was in perfect condition.

Yes I know our bathroom is a little strange. It’s a place where a lot of people trip and fall. Yesterday, my friend Yuki was in the bathroom. When she came out of the stall, she tripped over and fell on the tiled floor. She scraped her knee really badly.
Everyone in the office who used the bathroom was confused as to why they were tripping.

We took her to a nearby couch to tend on her wounds. Her knee was bleeding badly.

I didn't say anything other than asking her if she was alright and telling her to be more careful next time.

Some people believe that they are just making things up to stir up some rumors and some people believe that they are just clumsy.

A week later the office was really busy and we're kinda getting over the bathroom incidents. Anyway I made my way to my friend Nikki to pass some papers to sign.

As I was waiting for her to finish signing she broke off the silence by telling me what happened earlier at lunch break

"Kath you wouldn't believe what just happened."

"What happened?" I answered

"I tripped in the bathroom." She laughed

"What the fuck?! Why are you even laughing? Are you okay?" I asked her with concern evident in my face

"Yeah I'm really fine...but it made me wonder why everybody was falling it's like there's someone messing with us..probably a ghost?" She answered with confusion and curiosity

I didn't want to prolong the conversation as it was creeping me out. So I just shrugged my shoulder and left with the papers. As I was about to go to the CEO's office I heard a scream from the female's restroom.

'Great, someone tripped again' I rolled my eyes and went to the bathroom. I saw one of my office mate help the girl she's probably a client since she doesn't look that familiar.

We called someone to help her get up as she was wounded around her knee area. As they took her out of the building.

"Hiro what happened to her?" I asked

"She's fine she injured her knee and thighs but it's not that serious." Hiro said while panting

"This is really creeping me out why would people fall for no reason?" I asked

"Yeah I wanted to do something but it's just really odd you know?" Hiro said

"Yeah it really is. Well got to go I'm gonna finish some paperworks." I said while waving at Hiro

For the past few weeks this has been become the norm. People screaming in the bathroom after falling or injuring their leg. It really changed the atmosphere in the office.

I went inside the elevator to greet the new interns. When the elevator stopped at the ground floor I got out and went to the lobby area.

There was 10 interns together with the CEO's secretary to accommodate them. I greeted them and started to hold a simple meeting about the premises of the building and the company.

Then I went to the Rules and Regulations policy our CEO is really strict when it comes to following the rules so I'll make sure the interns are well behaved for the company.

And then I was reminded of today's incident. I think it's necessary if they were to work in the third floor.

"Before I start the tour I just wanted to let you guys know that there is some weird encounters in the 3rd floor bathroom. So please watch your steps and if you ever trip just tell it to me or to the secretary." I smiled

Then after the meeting was lunch break nothing really exciting happened.

It was 1 pm and I was starting to go on with the tour. One of the interns wanted to pee so I reluctantly agreed.

We went to the 3rd floor which was the Accounting department. Everything was going well when I saw one of the interns return to the group she was pale and sweating.

"Hey sweetie are you okay?" I asked her

When I got to look at her face I noticed she was the one who went to the bathroom. What took her so long?

"I-i need water please" She answered while breathing heavily

I asked the secretary to bring her some water. The interns are now surrounding us asking her what was wrong.

"I'm so sorry for causing trouble but the bathroom in this floor. I-it's not what you think it is" She answered while trembling

"Just tell us what happened for God's sake!" Said one of the interns

"I saw a dead woman lying on the bathroom floor."