Come Back Safe

Katie didn't remember much before being taken in by the Galra.

Katie's life on earth was a bit blurry, but it always had been since her family went missing due to grief muddling her brain.

Entire mind dedicated to her family, an entire year of her life and many of the years before hand gone, every bit of her being dedicated to figuring out what the garrison was hiding.

However. She remembered going to space in the blue lion with the other humans, remembered meeting Allura and Coran, remembered meeting the green lion, remembered the basic training, remembered their first fight, remembered the party and how she'd decided to leave.

She remembered she wanted to find her family, not fight in some war that didn't concern her or her planet.

She remembered being angry, the others yelling at her and insisting she stay.

She remembered the infiltration by Sendak and Haxus.

She remembered the explosions, being the only capable person within the castle to fight.

She remembered beating Haxus,

She remembered telling him that she was a Paladin of Voltron. A fighter.

She remembered that before she could truly be done with the fight he'd grabbed her by the ankle and dragged her down with him.

She remembered nine sickening cracks, the feeling of her metal armor piercing her skin and stabbing into her when she hit the ground hundreds of feet below.

She remembered overwhelming pain, her body suit becoming sticky and wet with the blood leaking from her wounds.

She remembered her visor sending dozens and dozens of alerts about her vitals, about how she was dying.

She remembered the Altean drone that had come to get the one she'd made. Rover.

She remembered crying out for help, beginning for it to get her the others. That she was dying, that she couldn't breathe properly anymore. That she could feel her broken ribs stabbing into her lungs and her legs were completely numb.

She remembered the drone leaving once it had what it wanted, not even sparing her a glance as she sobbed for it to come back.

She remembered seeing Sendak, rushing in and yelling for help when he saw her. That she didn't have much longer.

And then black.

Only cut off by blinding light when she was woken by druids and gasping for air. Brought back to life after what she could only assume was a painful death.

The operation to revive her had been extensive, and Katie now had thirteen large pieces of metal in her spine, keeping it together properly. An incredibly painful process, one she thankfully slept through and didn't feel.

When she'd woken and they asked who she was, she explained. In return, the Galra told her that they'd found her. Nearly dead and abandoned by her so called teammates.

They explained the equipment in her back, how it operated and how it was keeping her alive and able to feel all of her limbs. But, without some intensive physical therapy she wouldn't be able to walk.

It made her furious and sad, breaking down crying in front of Haggar. She'd gotten comforted so quickly by the witch, the older woman holding onto her and assuring her that everything was alright.

Katie was safe.

She was home.

The Galra would take care of her.