Chapter 6

👫The Calm Before The Storm🌊

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

A/N: What a cliche chapter hahahaha and besides who said that I'm gonna follow the whole story line...

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

On the road towards Mt. Sagiri.

Kamado Tanjiro was tired, no, he was exhausted. He had been more or less fine during the Final Selection but now that it was over, the accumulated fatigue began to takes its toll.

Despite this, he hadn't stopped moving after leaving the grounds for the Final Selection, using a tree branch as a makeshift cane to lean against and carrying a white bag with his uniform on it, he continued to move towards his home.

The sun was beginning to set and under normal circumstances, he would get there before nightfall. He was close to it by now, he recognized the path leading to Urokodaki's house, but, in his current state, it felt like he was on the other side of the country.

Before he realized, he fell to the ground. 'Even my uniform is heavy.' He thought, staying on the ground for a few moments. 'I wanna get home as soon as possible, but my whole body hurts.'

Taking another second to rest, he got back up and started moving again.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Just like he thought, the sun had set long ago by the time he could see his master's house.

"I made it." He thought out loud in relief. 'Just a bit further.'

Before he could even begin to move, his nose had sniffed out a familiar metallic smell. 'Blood!?' His eyes widened and picked up his pace. 'No way! Nezuko and Urokodaki-san please be safe.'

Once he clearly saw the house, he pushed his makeshift cane away in shock and quickly run towards the door. But there was no door, it was smashed into pieces and this time Tanjirou picked up a familiar smell.

'He was here! Nezuko, Urokodaki-san please be safe.' He entered his master's home and he couldn't believe what he saw. All of the furnitures were in pieces, the walls were scratched and the floor was cracked. His mind went back to his old home and how the same thing happened again.

He dropped down to the floor, his eyes still wide at the scene. 'No, it can't be...' His mind begun to panic but he knew he had to calm down, 'Stay calm, Urokodaki-san is strong...he and Nezuko might still be safe.'

With a smile that was about to crumble, Tanjirou begun using his sense of smell to track them down. He picked up their scent and trudge his way to them. Even though he was stumbling and tripping, all he cares about is them still being alive.

He was clinging to the last hope he has while praying so hard...that they are alright. 'Whoever god is out there, pls don't take away my family again.'

In his search for them, he noticed the trees that he had passed by. Every  tree was destroyed, cut or teared and the ground that he was walking on...is a large crater. He closed his eyes, to regain his focus and continued his seaech. His slow pace instantly went faster as he came closer to their scent.