(6) Brief Glimpse

He left with her! That ass-hat left with Shane.

I hate Shane. Shane can go suck a dick.

Oh great! Now I can't get the image of her sucking on Cam's cock out of my head. I bet it's big too. I wonder if it is vein-y or more pink. Are his balls big? Do they hang down--

"Can I sign-up please?" A beautiful girl with curly blonde hair that comes to an end just above her chin asks, snapping me out of thoughts I shouldn't even be having.

Where did those thoughts come from? I thought I was done with thinking those things? What the hell is this man (if you can even call him that) doing to me?

"Yeah. Of course!" I say, distractedly as I pull out the pen I was sucking on (now slobber filled. Lovely) and search for a clipboard with one of the sign up sheets.

Jo points to the table where the clipboard lays while still signing up a guy. I facepalm myself as I curse. "Of course it would be there!" I laugh at myself as I pick up the clipboard and ask for the girl's name. She looks at me like I'm high or something. If I'm being completely honest with myself, I get that look a lot more than I should. But, oh well. What ya gonna do?

"It's June." She says quietly as she looks longingly at Jo. I bet she's wishing she'd be signing up with her. You and me both. I want to tell her.

"Ooh. Were you born in June? Is that why your parents named you that?" Why can't I shut myself up? When I get nervous, I tend to spew things I wish I didn't.

"No." She says, looking down at her feet.

"Then why did they name you that?" Why. Can't. I. Shut. Up?

"They just liked the name. What's the big deal?" She asks me, defensively.

"Sorry." I quickly say. I hate talking to people. Wish I wasn't holding this clipboard so that I could fiddle with that rubber band. "Last name?" I finally ask, willing myself to shut the hell up.

"It's Poston. You spell it like Boston but with a P." She explains to me before I can ask. She must really want to get away from me. I guess I don't blame her. I was kind of being intrusive. "Isn't Shane supposed to be here?" She asks me absentmindedly. "She's my roommate." She explains as she sees the question in my eyes.

"She's with Cameron." Jo explains to June, before signing someone else up.

Some emotion flickers in June's eyes before it disappears quickly. I can't be sure, but did I see jealousy flicker in her eyes?

You and every other girl are jealous, honey. I want to tell her.

You are too. My subconscious tells me to which I flip her off.

"Can I go now? I'm running late for an appointment." She says and leaves before I can even blink. So much for niceties. If these are the people I have to look forward to if I join the dance team, then I'm thankful I'm going to screw up my audition on purpose.