Teaser

Excerpt:

The sky was dark and the air was damp as I walked through the dense alcove. My cloak dragged on the wet ground, and my footsteps seemed to echo. A glance behind me showed that no one followed me, not even my nine protectors who are bent on trying to keep me safe. A squeak made my heart jump in my chest. Covering my heart with my hand, I caught my breath as a gray rat ran by my feet. 

Hurrying, I made my way towards the abandoned mansion where the person who might have the answer might reside. I stood in front of a worn wood door. The building was degrading and the glass windows had been smashed in. Splashes of ash and grime coated the outside of the once grand mansion. Cobwebs filled the windows and a smile appeared on my face as I imagined Gabriel's reaction to spiders.

My smile disappeared at the argument that my friends and I had before I disappeared for here. They didn't understand my position or responsibility. They didn't understand why I would have consider my decision that involved my love life. Silas reverted to being quiet, while Gabriel grew louder. Victor and Nathan became angry, and Sean and Luke grew serious which was quite scary. Owen and Kota had that cold silence that seemed worse than them yelling at me. And North? North and I had a fight and I knocked him down when he yelled that he would put me in a plastic bubble.

I sucked in a breath and knocked on the door. At the first hint of force, the door opened with a creak. There wasn't any light nor any movements or sounds. Readying an offensive magic, I stepped into the darkness. My vision adjusted to the darkness quickly, and I decided to continue further in.

Walking through the entryway, I came upon a foyer. The room was large and was once grand. I could imagine the elaborate furniture that once decorated the room, but now the only pieces of furniture was a simple table and a chair. A thick layer of dust covered everything, and there wasn't a trace of anyone traveling through the room for a long time. The table was a worn down and chipped table which was also covered in dust. Behind the table was a chair, but it wasn't as dusty as the table because of what was in the seat. A skeleton gleamed white despite there not being much light. There wasn't a strand of hair or piece of skin on the skeleton, and the skeleton looked as if it had been sitting there for decades yet it wore a slightly frayed gray robe.

Come, a voice whispered in the air. come closer to me, the one who seeks to break the spell

I narrowed my eyes at the skeleton. What magic was this that allowed the skeleton to speak to me? But it knew that I was looking for a way to break the spell. I released my magic to sense any magic yet there was no sign of magic or life source except for me. After a moment, i took a step forward and I was suddenly in a new place.

The room I was standing in was no longer the broken and dusty room yet a lively and elaborate foyer. The walls were a bright and calming blue with gold molding. Pictures of nature and animals hung on the walls, and a thick and luxurious rug was laid in the middle of the room. Couches, single chairs, and tables decorated the room. In one corner was a grand piano that gleamed with the golden sunlight that filtered through a fresh green colored curtains. I sent my magic out once again yet there was no sign of any magic casted on me or my surroundings. 

You're here, the voice spoke to me once again. Turning around, I expected to find a skeleton but was shocked to see a man standing in the doorway. He was tall but not as tall nor well-built like Silas, but he had kind eyes that reminded me of Kota. He had black hair that was slightly long which he pulled back into a small ponytail. A short beard covered his jaw but his lips were big and curved into a kind smile. He was wearing simple clothes but the stitching and slight embroidery told me that they were made for nobles. I've been waiting for you.

"For me?" I asked in confusion.

He nodded. I am what you call a seer. I can see the future, and I foresaw you along with Volto and the sleeping curse.

I narrowed my eyes at him in suspicion. "Why is it I don't sense magic around me when it's clear that you are dead?"

The stranger chuckled. I have been dead for hundreds of years but I found a way to keep my consciousness intact so that I can talk to you. I don't have much time. My time is ending and I will no longer be here.

"How do I break the curse Volto casted on my kingdom?"

He spoke. Ah, the curse has already affected your family. The way to break the curse is true love's kiss.

"True love's kiss? Like the princess fairy tales?" I looked at him with scrunched up eyebrows. "That's impossible! How can I find true love's kiss in this society?"

The seer gave me an sad yet encouraging smile. He came to stand where I stood. That I don't know. That is for you to find out for yourself. You have the power to save your kingdom, from both the curse and from Volto.

"How do I beat Volto?"

He started to disappear. Find out who I am and my past. Then you will find your answer. A word of advice. Listen to your heart. Godspeed, Princess Sang.

With that, his body disappeared, and I was once again in the dark mansion. A moment after the illusion disappeared, loud footsteps entered behind me. I knew who they were before I turned around to face the nine men that had been there for me for most of my life. Before they voiced their disagreements to me looking for a partner, but now, it was the answer to break the curse.

A/N: What do you guys think about this excerpt? When i start this story, a few things about Sang and her relationship with the guys will be explained. 

I also have a question for you readers. Sang and Marie will have a younger brother. What would you guys think that his name should be? Please give me suggestions and I will choose the one that I think is best for this story.

Thank you and I hope that you guys are excited for this story.

<3 Azallya