Ch. 1- Introductions

Crazed blue eyes looked down at me, making my body shake in fear. I looked around. Bland white walls surrounded me, and the wood floors underneath me were cold. Behind the form of the woman standing above me was a hallway that led to the door outside.

Pain wrecked my body with every breath I took. Blood pooled underneath me and slid down my chin. Confusion wracked my brain as i tried to understand where I was. Nothing seemed familiar to me, but i knew that the woman standing above me meant to harm me.

A wide smile crossed the woman's face, making her look creepy. She rasped as a weapon appeared in her hand. "Sang, you've been a bad girl."

She raised her hand holding a knife. The hilt was black with a carved skull with gleaming red gems where the eyes would have been. The blade was shiny and sharp. Red liquid covered the surface, and I knew that it was my blood that coated the weapon. It glinted in the light as she licked the blade. Her eyes closed to form moon-shaped smiles. "My dear daughter, how many times have i told you that it is dangerous to be around men? If you like something in you, you'll love this."

The knife was raised in the air and she cackled as she brought her arm down. I felt her arm brush my leg when I rolled out of the way. Her head snapped towards me, and sharp blue eyes glared at me. "You moved."

I stiffened, readying myself for her next move. I eyed the door behind her. If I could get there, I could escape. Movement in the corner of my eye had me throwing myself back as the gleam of the knife swished by my face. Without hesitating, I threw myself under her arm and ran towards the door. Laughter echoed behind me as I yanked the door open and pushed myself out of the door to fall into a pit full of metal spikes.

I jerked awake. My chest rose and fell with heavy breaths, and a layer of sweat covered my skin. Pushing my hair away from my face, I moved onto my back. A white ceiling with gold designs of flowers and vines curving and forming hidden hearts was above me. I turned towards the floor-to-ceiling windows and saw the familiar scene of the mountains.

I frowned, trying to remember the disappearing dream. A crazy woman with a knife trying to harm me. Why in the world would I dream of being beaten and possibly killed by her? I wasn't the type to let someone beat me. If they tried, I'd throw them to the ground and beat them until they're black and blue.

A knock to my door had me sitting up. The door opened and a woman stepped through. A flash of woman with two-toned hair pulled into a sloppy ponytail and in glassy blue eyes went through my mind. I blinked before the image disappeared. A woman with golden brown hair was curled softly and draped over her left shoulder stepped into the room. A medium blue shirt with flowy sleeves was tucked into gray slacks. Nude high heels peeked from underneath her pants, and a necklace with an opal jewel decorated her neck. Blue eyes focused on me still in bed, and her frown lifted into a smile.

"Good morning, darling," she said before sitting next to my legs. A soft smile was on her face as she sat next to me. Her polished hand wrapped around mine. "How are you doing?"

I yawned. "Exhausted from working."

She frowned. "I hope not too exhausted. I'll talk to Henry to lessen your load."

I laughed. "It's fine, Mom. The work dad gave me isn't that hard. It's my work that's a lot."

Olivia smiled. "I don't want you to get too overworked, Sang."

Leaning forward, I kissed her cheek. "Thank you, mom. I love you, too."

"What about me?" Another voice spoke from the doorway. Mom and I looked in that direction. A woman with blonde hair and green eyes smiled at the two of us. She wore a lily-pad green shirt tucked into a white skirt that hit the middle of her calves. White heels were on her feet. A pair of drop pearl earrings decorated her ears.