Chapter 3

I woke up with an arm around me. I looked at Oliver who's still sleeping. I pushed him out of bed, with a loud thud he looked at me with a groan.

“What the fuck?” Oliver asked.

“No hugging.” I stood up then went to the bathroom. When I got back out he was back on bed under my blanket.

I went to the kitchen, made breakfast. Talked to Justin and Hannah and they greeted me a happy birthday, Oliver came in late but the four of us were just talking.

“Are you excited for your graduation?” Hannah asked.

“Oh yeah your graduation is on Friday.” Justin added.

“It’s okay. I don't know if I should attend graduation, it's boring to sit there doing nothing.”

“What do you mean? You'll give a speech being the valedictorian.”

“What should I say? How Kimmy and Thomas left us and made me take a part time job and grind my ass to get a scholarship? I'd rather not.” I told them as I clean the dishes. “And I would rather watch a movie than be bored out of my mind. They told everyone that we're free to take the week off if everything is done, I'm just gonna give my project and go to my job.” I finished washing the dishes and went to my room to change my clothes. I called Clara and she picked me up.

“Good morning bestie! Happy Birthday!” She said as I got into her car. “Ready to pass the last thing that's holding us back?”

“Pretty much, I won't be in the graduation. I don't want to give a speech about my tragic background and how I'm still at the bottom.”

“Nonsense, you're mandatory to go. If you told that to mister Geoff he would be disappointed with you.”

Mister Geoff is our AP English that we love because he's very accepting and funny.

“Fine, but I will go once I gave my speech.”

“That’s fine, we can go to the cinema then. Mulan will be out in Friday.”

“This is why you're my best friend.” When we arrived in school we passed our project then get the fuck out of there in a flash.

Clara dropped me off at my work with so much grudge since she wants me to go shopping with her but I promised that I would go shopping with her at Friday after watching Mulan.

I entered the store and saw my manager then he waves at me. “Happy birthday Leo.”

“Thanks.” I replied and went to change to my uniform.

“Wanna hit the gym later?”

“Why are you asking me to go to the gym with you when you're clearly working out? I mean you're really fit.” I told him and he didn't said anything. I tend to the customers and organized some products. The rest of my shift was quiet, my manager didn't talked to me and I left early.

I went back home and saw Oliver in the front of the house. I walked up to him. “What are you doing outside?”

“Your sister kicked me out.”

“Why?”

“She was jealous because I always watch Netflix with you and not with her.”

“It's your fault though, don't drag me with your lovers quarrel.” I opened the door and saw my sister holding a chair ready to swing but she saw me.

“Oh hi Leo, you're here early.”

“Yeah, I don't want to stay at the store that long, don't you know how many Karens I have met today? Too many.” I walked inside. “Are you coming?” I asked Oliver.

“Are you talking about him? He's banned from entering this door.” Hannah replied.  I just shrugged and Hannah closed the door. I went to my room and saw Oliver on my bed.

“That was fast.”

“Well I know that you're gonna watch a movie so why not watch it with you.” He smiled at me and I smiled back and rolled my eyes.

“You’re so dumb, you know you can always go to my sister's room. Justin won't even know.” I said while changing my shirt and my pants not caring if he's looking but I wouldn't know since I have my back towards him.

“Yeah but she always kicks me out of the bed in the middle of the night or takes the blanket.” He opens my laptop and went to Netflix.

I lay down next to him and we started watching The Conjuring. The door opened up and saw Justin walked in. He looks at us then walks to the bed. “Move over, I wanna watch too.” The bed is big enough to fit three people so I'm in the middle of them while their heads are on my shoulders. Rude.

“There are pillows in the bed for a reason.”

“Shh, be quiet we're watching a movie.” Oliver replied then flinched when they revealed a girl above the cabinet. I rolled my eyes and just continue watching.

After the movie Justin was already asleep so Oliver and I are still awake. “Anything happened earlier?” Oliver asked as he closed my laptop.

“Nothing, just my fit manager asked me to workout with him. I declined since I have things to do.” I almost shrugged but Justin's head is still on my shoulder. I was playing with his hair as I talk to Oliver.

“Want me to beat him up?”

“No thanks, I still want my job.”

“Leo are you awake?” Hannah opened the door. “You little bitches, you watched a movie without me?” I wake up Justin and Justin saw Hannah.

“Hey Hannah, I did texted you but you said you have to go shopping.” Justin said with a yawn. “And you hate horror movies you just cover you face whenever you watch it. You would ask the summary in the end.” Justin stood up and saw Oliver’s head is still on my shoulder. “Move your head or I'll move it myself.” Oliver stuck out his tongue and hugged me.

“You won't do that, you still need me to pass the semester, plus it's fun to hug Leo.” He replied then closed his eyes. “Good night.”

“Fuck off, I'm going to make dinner.” I pushed him and he fell on the floor. I stood up and dragged Hannah with me who just looked at me with a smug smile.

“Do you like Oliver?” Hannah asked.

“Hell no. I'd rather die than like someone like him.” I denied.

“But you let him hug you, Justin and I had a hard time hugging you before.”

“I was sleeping and I was surprised earlier.” I kept denying it.

“Keep telling that to yourself. Anyway if you like him, tell me, he's just my pretend boyfriend since someone is bugging me in college.” She explained as we arrived at the kitchen. “So don't worry about it, I'm not mad at you. I'm actually talking with someone who's in England, he's a hottie.” She giggles.

“Did Justin do something about the guy bugging you?”

“He did, he punched him so when I'm with Justin he's away from me and he thinks that Oliver is my boyfriend.”

“Why don't you report him?” I said as I chopped some onion and garlic.

“I did, they just shrugged it off so I'm forced to deal with him.”

“They did not just do that. Get some evidence so you can claim that it's real.”

“I-“

“What's cooking hot baby?” Oliver called.

“Who are you calling hot baby? If you point your finger at me I will chop your fingers until you beg me to stop.” I threatened Oliver which made him shut up and sat down at the table. Justin joined us after a few minutes and the food was done.

We ate silently and I wondered if I should quit my job. “Do you guys know if there's somewhere that's hiring? I'm starting to hate 7 Eleven.”

“Just quit your job, we still have funds from grandpa and grandma.” Justin said.

“Well fuck why didn't you told me that before? I will murder you someday.” I grumbled.

I felt a vibration from my pocket and when I opened it Clara texted me.

Clara: Better start writing your speech, Mister Geoff will review it so you can make revisions.

I replied with;
Me: Do I have to?

Clara: Yes now start writing, good night bestie.

Me: Good night.

“I have to attend graduation because it's mandatory for me to give a speech.” I told them. “Can you guys tell me that I don't have to?”

“It’s a one time thing, be proud of it.” Hannah replied.

“You don't have to, you'll graduate in college so what's the big deal?” Oliver agrees with me.

“Finally a smart thing that came out of your mouth. I could call in sick that day.”

“Absolutely n-“ Justin started but Oliver interrupted with.

“Sure, I'll help you with that.” Oliver grins.

“Thanks, oh and I promised Clara to meet after graduation.” I told them.

“What are you two gonna do?” Hannah asked.

“Gonna watch a movie and going shopping because I've been occupied with work so I can't hang out with her.” I explained. I took my plate and place it in the sink. “I’m going to my room. I'm going to sleep.” I looked at Oliver when I said the last sentence.

I went to my room and changed to my pajamas. It's been a long time since I wear something comfortable. I brushed my teeth and flopped down on my bed face first. I closed my eyes then I felt a hand snakes on my back. I quickly turn over and saw Oliver grinning.

“What do you want?”

“For you to move over. I'm sleeping too.” He pushed me then laid down next to me.

“Rude.” I fixed my posture. “Don’t you have a house?”

“Well my parents don't really care where I sleep I just need to keep my grades up.” He explained.

“Whatever, I'm trying to sleep so don't say anything.” I closed my eyes then my back towards him then I felt his hand again.

“What the fuck are you doing?”

“What? I can't sleep if I'm not hugging something. Just don't mind me and go to sleep.” I slapped his hand away and I started to feel tired then my vision turns to black.