Chapter 10

Five months passed by and we haven't talked to each other since the day he explained everything. I would say that these past five months it gave me clarity but something is still missing.

Ethan and I became friends and from time to time he tells me what's happening to Oliver. Ethan is really a pretty cool friend, he's actually talking to another guy but kept on complaining how long the guy reply back. Oliver became quiet but still works and participate in his classes especially in his thesis project.

I started working again so I can do something in my free time. I'm now working in the college library, I have been reading so why not work there.

Everything is normal to summary but something is still missing. I'm sitting on the swing where Oliver and I used to go.

“Hey.” I looked up and saw Oliver. He sat down on the other swing.

“Hi.” I replied and I looked up at the sky with my hands on the chains.

“How have you been?” He asked awkwardly.

“I started working again.” I replied then looked at him. “What about you?”

“I kept working out but I put my studies first.” He sighed.

“I can tell.” I giggled.  “Your muscles have gotten bigger.” I gave him a weak smile.

“How’s Justin and Hannah?” He asked then started swinging the seat.

“Justin is still working for Jackson while Hannah is still Hannah. Her and Blake cannot be separated.”

“What about Jackson?”

“Still spoiling Justin.” I chuckled. He stopped swinging the seat. “I missed you.” I told him and looked him at his eyes.

“I missed you too.” He replied, stood up, walked in front of me and crouched down. “It hurts not being with you. I've been hurting for these past five months.”

“I am too.” I reached out with my right hand and put it on his left cheek. “I’ve been hurting without you.” He put his left hand on my hand then lean towards me hand and closed his eyes.

“I missed your hands.” He started caressing my hand with his thumb. “I missed your voice.” He opened his eyes. I let him go and he stood up then I stood up with him. “Wanna get some ice cream?” He asked while scratching his arm.

“I would like too.” I replied then we started walking. I didn't hold his hand nor he reached for it. We went to the near ice cream shop then ordered vanilla ice cream for him and rocky road for me.

We sat down outside the shop, eating our ice cream. “Leo?” I heard a familiar voice called. I looked for the voice and saw Blake. Blake saw Oliver and he immediately went, “Oh, I'll see you later.” He turn around and went back to where he was before.

“Still cooking for them?” Oliver asked.

“Blake substitutes from time to time.” I informed him. “I’ve been teaching him how to cook so he can cook for Hannah although he knows how to cook, he still wants to learn more."

“You’re still the same.” He smiled.

“Not really, physically yes but emotionally? No.” I explained.

“I’m…” He started but I shook my head which made him shut up.

“It’s not your fault. Technically it is but we're both at fault.” I sighed. “If I have just listened to you then none of this would have happened.” I explained. “But we can't change the past.” I smiled weakly. “So we got to move forward.” I saw his hand on the table and I reached out for it. “We fucked up.”

“We did.” He lifted his hand and his hand intertwined with mine. “We need to move forward but I don't want to move forward without you.” He looked into my eyes. “I won't ask you to be my boyfriend just yet, but I want to ask you out again. I want to start over again.”

I smiled then nodded. “Of course. We can start over again.” I let go then we ate our ice cream then he walked me home. “Just to let you know, I wouldn't be easy like how the last time.” I told him as we reached the house and I turned to him.

“I like a challenge.” He smiled. “I'll see you later.”

“See you later.” I returned then the started walking away. I waved my hand and he waves back. I went inside and saw him walking away. I turn around and saw Justin looking at me. “What?”

“Are you two back together?”

“Nope. Well, not yet. We're starting things over.” I told him. He looked at me wanting to say something. “Talk to him. He's your best friend.” I held his hands and looked at his eyes. “Please.”

“Fine, I'll talk to him.” He squeezed my hand. “I trust you.” He told me then lets me go then went to the living room with Blake.

I went to Hannah's room where her door is open and saw her doing her project. “Knock, knock.” I said while knocking at the door.

“Leo, hi. How long have you been standing there?” I went in.

“Just now.” I sat on her bed. “I met Oliver today.”

“Really?!”

“Blake didn't told you?”

“No, why was he there?”

“Yeah, when Oliver and I got ice cream.” I looked at her desk and saw a small tub of ice cream. “I guess he went somewhere else.”

“Spill the tea.” She said excitedly and I told her everything that happened earlier.

“Now we're starting over again.” I ended.

“Thank god. You two have been out of it.” She sighed in relief. “He always asking me about you.” Her phone vibrated and we saw his name. “Oh he's calling me in FaceTime me right now.” She accepted it and she angled herself with me in the camera. “What’s up bitch.”

“Hello whore.” He replied then he saw me. “Who’s that angel that's behind you?” He winks at me which made me rolled my eyes while smiling.

“Oh shut up. Why did you call me? I'm doing my project.”

“I was going to update you about Leo but I guess he beat me to it.” Hannah gave me the phone which made me confused and she just gestured to continue talking to him. “Can I ask you out on a date?”

“Of course, when?”

“Friday, around 5 PM.”

“Should I wear something formal?”

“Nope, just wear something casual. I did something the past three months.” He winked at me which made me raised my eyebrow.

“I’ll be working forward to it.” I giggled.

“I’ll talk to you later, gotta go to the gym.” He told me.

“Keep grinding.” I winked at him. “Talk to you later.” Then ended the call. I gave back Hannah her phone. “That was something.”

“Make him hurt how sexy you are.” Hannah told me.

“Chill, Friday is next week.” I reminded her. “I’m not even sexy, I'm fat.”

“Have you seen some people look at you?” Hannah looked at me with a confused face. “You might have a tummy but boy your confidence is so high guys are falling for you. My classmate even asked me if you're looking for a relationship.” She rolled her eyes when she said the last part.

“Confident? I'm the least confident person.”

“To you, but have you seen your work? You made the smartest guy in school kiss your foot when in a span of a semester. He wants to talk to you but Blake and I are stopping him.” I looked at her with a confused face. “Look, guys like how smart and confident you are.”

“Oh.” I replied.

“Every wonder why there's a lot of guys near where you're stationed at?”

“Not really, I'm either working or reading so I'm not looking at the students.” I replied.

“Oh sweet child. I'll protect you with all my heart.” She walked up to me and hugged me. “I will kill anyone that wants to taint you.”

“Uh… Thanks? Anyway I gotta go, I'm gonna do my project since the second semester is ending.” She lets go and I went to my room and started doing my project until its 6 PM. I heard a knock on my door. “Come in.” I said then turn to see who was knocking and it was Blake.

“Dinner’s ready.” I stood up and walked towards the door and we went to the kitchen slash dining room. Jackson was there who waved at me and I waved back. We sat down and we started eating.

“How’s your day, Leo?” Jackson asked. I looked at Justin who shook his head meaning he didn't told Jackson what I did earlier. I told him everything and he just nods.

“Are you even listening?”

“I am, I'm just thinking of ways on how to kill him if he hurts you again.” He said then eats a piece of chicken and looked at me.

“One, don't do that and two, don't do that.” Jackson chuckled and we ate in silence until we heard a vibration and we looked at Hannah who's phone is on the table.

“Oops, it's Oliver.” She told us. She didn't picked up so she just sent him a text then continue eating. “What?”

“How long have you been talking to Oliver?” Justin asked.

“When Leo cleared up the misunderstanding. You're a bad friend to be honest, he really wants to talk to you but you keep avoiding him.” Hannah rolled her eyes at Justin which made him groan.

“I know, don't fucking remind me.” Justin pushed his hair back then went back to eating.

“You should get your hair cut. It looks like a bird's nest.” Jackson suggested.

“Your pubes is a bird's nest.” Justin realized what he said and just looked at Jackson who looks amused. “That’s actually a lie, I don't know why I said that.” Jackson laughed which made Justin continue eating in silence.

“Gross.” Hannah inserts. “Anyway, Oliver is taking Leo on a date!” Hannah announced, I gave her the look but she rolled her eyes.

“You forgot to tell us that.” Blake said. “Do you know where?”

“He just said he'll pick me up. We don't really need to talk about this.”

“Yeah, leave his love life alone.” Hannah said. “But give me the details after.” She giggled which made me shook my head while smiling.

“Anyway I'm going back to my room.” I took my plate and glass then put it in the sink. “I'm going study so don't bother me.” I went back to my room and started studying for the finals. I suddenly heard a knock on the window and saw Oliver. I opened it to let him in. “Hi, what are you doing here?” I asked.

“I actually want to study but its boring to study alone so I want to study with you.”

“You do know that I'm quiet when I'm studying, right?”

“Yup, I just missed you.” He finally said his reason. “I’ll be quiet so continue reading. I'll be reading too.” He went to my bed and sat with his book on his hands. I sighed and just went to my desk and started reading.

“Hey, Leo, want some dessert?” I heard Justin on the other side of the door.

“No thanks.” I replied. I heard him walk away. I looked at Oliver who's looking at me. “What?”

“You look so cute when you're serious.” He smiled.

“Thanks, now go back to reading.” I went back to reading and heard a camera sound. I turn around and saw Oliver took a picture of me. “Rude, if you don't want to study you can get out.”

“Okay, okay. I'll stop.” Oliver said, putting his phone back to his pocket. I continued reading until its 9 PM.

I stretched and saw Oliver on my bed sleeping with his book on his stomach. I saw his shoes next to the door and he changed his jeans to shorts. “This smart motherfucker.” I exhaled the words. I took his book and put in on the desk. I changed my clothes and went to my bed. I laid down facing him.

Memories from before started flushing through my brain. It hurts because I miss those memories. I turn around and felt his arms wrapped around me. I felt safe which made me drowsy and quickly put me to sleep.