The 1st Phase Begins

The offer made by the strange guy named Tonpa was obviously refused. I knew better than to accept anything from strangers.

He tried pressing on the matter, but realizing there was no way of convincing me, he gave up and excused himself.

I could sense his frustration from the obviously upset reaction on his face, but I ignored it.

Still analyzing the area, I realized Tonpa walked near the entrance, making it more obvious his intention on getting rid of newbies, which made me feel slightly agitated. I didn't like the idea of fooling others to take advantage on them.

That made me look away from that deceiver and take a quick glance at the other applicants, making a shallow judgement so I'm able to avoid unnecessary danger. I felt pretty decent on my abilities, but I was taught to never take things for granted.

My attention is suddenly taken when I hear some commotion coming from a different direction, my eyes instantaneously following the source of it.

A male scream could be heard by all the others in the room. We all were surprised with what was happening to his body.

But I couldn't say I was much surprised with the culprit.

Hisoka.

It seems he had badly injured the examinee, in a rather... elegant way?

I was taken aback by his skill in leaving petals flowing from the victim's arms, who cried out in agony as his two members slowly disappeared.

"Oh, how peculiar. His arms seem to have become flower petals. No smoke or mirrors here.

Be careful, when you bump into someone you should apologize." Hisoka stated.

My eyes were slightly widened with the scene before me. I felt intimidated by the jester.

Even if I had previously judged him as a skilled person, watching him acting made me shake a bit. Especially when I thought I was with him for a significant amount of time.

I turned away, not wanting to stare at the man in pain anymore, I felt too bad for him. After all, no longer having your arms seems really cruel.

That's when I could see a mop of blonde hair near the entrance, alongside two other guys, and that deceiver who was probably offering those weird drinks.

My heart stopped for a second.

I couldn't see clearly due to the crowd, but my feet carried me there, I wasn't even thinking about what I was doing, my body was acting on its own.

Was that Kura?

I needed to confirm that.

Getting through the crowded place was a bit difficult, especially after Hisoka's little show which made people keep their distance from him.

I kept politely asking the other examinees to give me space so I could cross to the other side, some just did it, and others looked annoyed.

That's when a ring echoed through the whole place, making everyone turn to the other side and pay attention.

Soon the wall blocking our passage slowly made its way out, a man with a mustache could be seen on the other side.

"I apologize for the long waiting. The acceptance of new candidates to the Hunter Exam is officially closed.

The exam begins now!"

He announced.

But even with the important moment of starting a crucial journey of my life and observing everyone looking forward to it, I just wished I could move from there and check the blonde person from before, my anxiety getting the best of me.

I decide I should take a breath and calm down enough so I can concentrate on the first phase. Everyone looked confused as the only thing we were supposed to do was simply follow Satotz, the examiner.

I didn't mind much and just did what was told, while having in mind my pace and the people around me. I tried to pay attention to both the examiner in front of me, and the others from the back, since the supposed Kurapika got here later.

It was quite hard controlling my emotions, but I tried my best to maintain my logical side, more than anything I needed that. And I knew sooner or later I would find out if that person was indeed my dear friend or not.

It has been around two hours since we started running and I thanked god for choosing to take that nap before.

I looked on how many people were ahead and how far Satotz was from me, and then glanced back in hopes of getting a better view of 'Kura'.

And I felt my heart stopping for a second once again when I looked at the person.

It was him.

It had to be him!

He still had that soft face of his, didn't change a thing.

I wondered if he was looking for me since he got here late. Did Tonpa get in his way back there?

He doesn't seem like he's looking for anyone though.

But as much as I was ecstatic to be seeing my childhood friend again I decided on holding it back, I needed to save as much stamina as possible.

Nevertheless, in the end he didn't forget about our promise. And I couldn't be happier about it.

I also couldn't help but think back in the past, wondering how much has his mind changed, and his views...

And how Pairo has been? could Kura find a doctor for his friend?

I had so much to talk about with him, so much to ask and so much to share.

After my little daydream I suddenly take in my surroundings again, realizing the terrain changed significantly; ahead were stairs, making this long run even more difficult and tiresome.

"I bet I'm going to be an awesome runner after this..."

Mumbling in annoyance I try to think more positively; the person from before is surely my childhood friend and all this will be paid in the end.

And just with this thought, a smile naturally is formed on my face.

But as I take the first steps on the stairs and look in the direction of the examiner I notice his pace has quickened and can't help but feel demotivated again to keep going.

I really hope this will pay in the end.

A/N: After some long I got motivation again to keep with the story xD the chapter is little bit shorter but I hope it's good enough!~ we're getting closer of finally meeting again with Kurapika! I hope you're all enjoying it so far! c: