Give Me A Sign- (Aiello)

My gift update for you, guyses. This oneshot will be inspired by a movie and song.

Since I saw a lot of Aiello saving the reader, here it is. A simple update, but confusing one too.

The song is provided up there. Here it is.

Anyways, here it is.

*****

You were cooking in the kitchen for breakfast. The aroma from the pan made your mouth water. Bacons and pancakes were Frank's usual favorite.

His usual sweet performances were done by wrapping his hand on all of your waist and kissing your neck. All you could do was smile in satisfaction.

All you could do was cherish your precious time with him. You knew how many years wasted because of him being in the war.

You couldn't help but wonder what was it like to be in the warzone. You thought of it for a while before going back to the making of the meal.

Frank left you alone in the kitchen. So that you can focus cooking. The last pancake was flown to the plate. You were about to carry the plates when your brain became light.

Thanks to your reflexes, you managed to bring the plate down before collapsing. Frank heard the loud thud on the floor.

He ran to the kitchen only to find you lying on the floor. He panicked and tried to wake you up.

"Y/n, wake up. Wake up," he said in a panicked voice.

A panicked puppy eyes formed in his eyes. Confused and paranoid at what happened to you.

His efforts were useless. The only option was to pick you up and go to the hospital.

*****

The snow blaze coated the forest of Belgium. The atmosphere of emotion matched the weather. Their leader died in the battle of Hurtgen Forest.

Aiello was just matching the light for his smoke. Celebrating with comrades for the Christmas. He missed the lady waiting for him at home.

"Still missing her, eh?" Zussman asked.

"Yeah, she made me more stronger," Aiello answered.

"Anyways, let's toast for Turner," Daniels said.

"For Turner," the four comrades said in unison.

Christmas was made a little lighter because of the toast. Despite their leader's death, they managed to form a smile.

The smile was turned in a downward spiral when a shadow peaked through the darkness. The shadow has a form of a female. It went into notice by one of the soldiers by the bon fire.

"Guys, there's a woman in the shadows," Stiles warned.

"Shut it, college," Aiello snapped at the eyeglass wearer.

"I see it too," Daniels said.

"You're right," the German agreed.

The four of them walked to the targeted area. You were standing straight on your position. Aiello got into the distance of his hand reach.

He put the hand on your shoulder. His shocked expression made you confused. He looked back to check on his comrades, but they were gone.

Now, the both of you are here alone in the forest wrapped in snow and Germans. The shocked expression transformed to a confused one.

"Y/n, how did you get here? I thought you're back at home," he said, flabbergasted at what happened.

"I want to spend time with you before leaving," you explained.

"Y/n, this is not a playground, but a battleground," he said firmly.

It was that clear to you. You knew about that. You were curious at what he went through.

"If you don't wanna, I'll be leaving," you said, about to leave.

He grabbed you by the hand. He yanked you back to him. He changed his mindset.

"We'll get through this," he said.

A beep of a jeep was heard in a distance. A huge convoy was coming to your way. Aiello dragged you to behind the tree for a hide behind it.

A pack of German soldiers were positioned near you. Aiello covered your mouth to stop any noises that attract the enemies attention.

When the guards patrolled let their guard down, Aiello dragged you out of your hiding spot. The both of you ran in tiptoes.

Despite your efforts to stay quiet, your run caught attention. The both of you sped up. Through curiosity, you looked back. You knew they would shoot in a second because their fingers were onto each trigger of the gun.

They pulled the trigger. Bullets flew towards you. As the both of you ran, you noticed a bullet running towards Aiello. You quickly hugged him from behind and the bullet punctured into your back.

This caught Aiello's attention. He put his arm all around your hip and dragged you to the nearby tree.

Blood was becoming a flood on the floor. The pain was stinging on your back.

"Frank, l-leave me. It's all useless," you said.

"No, it's not. We'll get you a medic to patch you up," he said, tears pooling on his eyes.

"No, I have a heart condition. The medic...can't do it," you said, panting.

The pool of blood began forming on Aiello's legs and the icy ground. Time is running out for the both of you.

You pulled his sleeve to get his attention. "Just remember, I love you," you whispered.

You kissed him on the lips as your bloody hand pushed his head towards you. You let go of his head as you let out your last breath, before your breath ended.

Sobs filled the air and the emotion synced with the winter. Tears became teardrops. Aiello hugged your lifeless body, crying his heart out.

*****

Here he is now, standing on the gravestone of his lover. His inside self was breaking. His life grew dull and meaningless. The life he knew was already dead. He loved you. Now, it would be hard to rise up and move on.

At least, your stars will remain in the sky. As a reminder of your love for him.

*****

How was it, dear readers? Love it? Anyways, I feel writing a oneshot. Or an update. The title felt out of place. Anyways, have a good day, guys. Stay safe in your houses.

-Erma