010: laconic

—adjective
expressing much in few words

(in the comments is the link for the spotify playlist of this book now)

🍋

EVERYTHING Taehyung adored was found in Jeongguk's eyes. Those eyes that made him forget anything happening around him. Those eyes that sparkled up at him, those eyes that he fell in love with.

Really there was nothing that Taehyung didn't fall for regarding Jeongguk. Every tiny part of his being, every annoying flaw, it all only added to the affection he felt towards the younger.

They were once again sitting on the couch, Jeongguk's legs draped over Taehyung's even though it left a burning sensation on the elder's bare skin but he didn't say anything. Of course not. He loved it. Jeongguk was scamming through the newspaper while Taehyung was trying to focus on his book. But his eyes flicked up from the page every few seconds, admiring the calm features of the other.

"You're staring, Tae," Jeongguk suddenly spoke, turning a page, before he glanced over to the blushing elder with a smile.

"I'm not," Taehyung scoffed, returning to his book. His eyes tricked him again though, because just seconds later he found himself looking at the younger again.

Jeongguk sighed, set the newspaper aside and climbed across the couch, his elbows now on each side of Taehyung's chest, hovering over him, their legs entangled.

"Woah!" Taehyung shouted, blushing madly. "What's happening now?!"

"You were staring so now I'm staring at you," Jeongguk murmured, looking up at the elder, who slowly closed his book and put it on his chest.

"I can see that," Taehyung mumbled, trying to look anywhere but at Jeongguk. A light chuckle left the younger's lips. "What, so now you can't look at me anymore?"

Taehyung only huffed, turning his face back to look at him again, even though it made him blush only more. "I-I can look at you."

Jeongguk smirked and god, Taehyung wanted to lean down just a bit farther so badly.

"Gosh you're such a cliché, Citrus, you watched too many romcoms," he chuckled, subconsciously tugging a black lock behind the boy's ear.

"Might be," Jeongguk grinned, leaning into Taehyung's palm.

Outside it started coming down, but Taehyung couldn't care less about the open garage door or the way the room was starting to fill with the scent of rain.

"Petrichor," he whispered. Jeongguk lifted one eyebrow in confusion. "The scent of rain on asphalt," Taehyung explained, his hand still cupping the younger's cheek. "That's called petrichor. Isn't that beautiful?"

"It is," Jeongguk breathed, eyes glued on Taehyung. And Taehyung started to wonder if the universe knew that he had needed Jeongguk. Maybe it knew that he needed someone to tell the name of the scent of rain on asphalt. Maybe it knew he needed someone to lose himself in. To find himself.

But he was worried that he might be everything Jeongguk had and that the boy's entire existence was based off on him.

He wanted Jeongguk to be able to be without him. Because what if one day he was gone? Would Jeongguk keep existing? Would he have something to exist for?