Chapter 1: The Party

I looked in the mirror. Yeah this should be good enough. A suit with shiny shoes and my hair looking more emo than ever. This should just be another party but for some reason I felt optimistic about this one. I've been trying to find someone for me. Someone who will like me for me. All these other girl I've been with only liked me because I had money. Maybe tonight could find someone. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out to look at it and it was Marcus.

'Hey man, you almost ready for the party? I'm on my way to your place right now.'

'Yeah I'm ready. I'll be waiting for you in the lobby.' I texted back.

One last look in the mirror, eh good enough I thought. I grabbed my keys, my cigs, and some gum and headed out the door. I headed towards the stairs and walked down to the lobby to wait for Marcus. I stepped outside to the cool, night air. I always liked LA at night, it always had a nice vibe to it. I took my cigs out of my pocket and lit one. It was only a couple more minutes before Marcus showed up. I stomped out my cig and climbed into the car.

"Hey man.", I said.

"Alright, so we kinda have a drive so were just gonna vibe until then.", Marcus explained as we pulled out.

"I'm down.", I told him, as I rolled the window down and watched the lights go by.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A half an hour later, the lights began to grow farther apart as we left the city. I looked at the time. 9:57 pm. It was completely dark now.

"Where is this party even at?", I asked Marcus.

"It's a little out of the city. We still got like 20 miles left, look at the map.", Marcus pointed at his phone on the dashboard. 

I looked and we still had a bit of a ways to go. I looked at the place, it kinda looked like a random nice house in the middle of the desert. Eh, whatever at least there's no neighbors to call the cops and crash the party. The area was called Withers Grove. I decided to look up the area to pass the time. I googled and saw that a lot of wealthier people usually live in the area to help avoid the noisy city. I scrolled throughout the page, until I came across a page for disappearances in the area. I opened the link that brought me to a list of disappearances throughout the years. People started disappearing into thin air, without a trace as soon as they started to build houses in the area. I scrolled through each case and everyone that vanished was never found. Both detectives and scientists are still unable to conclude on an explanation. There were some witnesses, who said that there was a bright blue light that appeared at the times these people disappeared.

'Hmm. Maybe aliens?', I thought to myself. 'I don't know but maybe I could walk around and try to see if I disappear to see where everybody was hiding out.', I smirked at myself. 'Yeah right.", I shook my head and turned off my phone. I looked in the rear view mirror to watch the city lights fade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We pulled up to the house and it was already jumping with people, flashing lights, and loud music. It was definitely a rich persons house. There was a large lawn in the front that was filled with small crowds enjoying the music.

"Alright, both Will and Victor said they're already here. Let's go meet up with them.", Marcus said.

"Yeah sounds cool.", I replied. "Who's house is this anyway?", I asked, looking at the address of the place.

"I don't know some random chick from Instagram that Will follows. Apparently she put out an advert that her parents will be outta town and that she was throwing a killer party.", Marcus replied, looking up from his phone.