Chapter 2: Where?

I opened my eyes. Confused, I looked around. Where was I? I couldn't remember much. Last I remember I was walking away from the bathroom after I practically walked in on Marcus with that chick. It started to come back. I came out to get some air and climbed in here with some people. Everyone was gone. Where were they? I must've fallen asleep and everybody must've gone back to the house.

I pulled out my phone and it was turned off. I tried to turn it back on but it reset itself? I went through the process trying to get it working again. Unable to connect to the internet? My cell data said no signal. What? I looked up at the sunroof. Daylight? How long was I out for? I should try to find the guys so we could head home. I know we all had work tomorrow. Plus it was feeling hot in this limo.

I stood up and immediately became disoriented. Fuck my head was pounding. Man fuck hangovers. I bet the guys are all fucked up too. I tried to open the door but it was locked. I tried to unlock it but to no avail. I tried to look through the window but it was like looking in a mirror. I looked up and realized the sunroof was half open. I grabbed the window and used all my strength to slowly pry open the window. I made enough room for me to stand up properly. I stuck my head through and looked out. I was in disbelief when I looked over to where the house should be. It was gone. I looked for the road and there was nothing. I was in a limo in what seemed like the middle of nowhere. It was like I was in between a mountain range. Everywhere around me was surrounded by a mountain.

I felt myself begin to panic. I tried wiping my eyes to make sure I wasn't hallucinating or anything. No, I was here. But where? I suddenly remembered that you could call the police even without a signal. I pulled out my phone and saw it was at 17%. Better make this a quick call. I dialed 911. A creepy recording came up. A man with a deep voice stated that the number I dialed was not in service and to check the number. I tried 3 more times and still received the same answer. What?

I looked around and gave out a loud scream. What the fuck?! Where was I?! What happened? How could the whole house, the road, and everybody just disappear? It looked like no one settled out here. It was empty. Where were my friends? Where was I?!

The sun was starting to go down. I looked around the mountain range. They looked like the ones outside of LA but these ones weren't barren. They had more vegetation. I had to find a way to get back home or at least to find someone who could help me. But it was getting dark. I crouched back into the limo and looked for anything I could use for a light. I decided against using my phone light and was gonna try to use it for dire emergencies. I looked everywhere for some sort of crevice where someone could place a small emergency kit or something.

After a few minutes, I found it. Underneath my seat I was able to pull apart of the seat out and found a small kit. The kit contained a small flashlight, a flare, a hunting knife, a fire starter, some toilet paper, and some water purification packs. I don't know who owned this limo but they definitely were somewhat worried about some sort of crash or disaster. Whatever. All that mattered was getting out of here and figuring out where I was.

I looked around for anything else that could help me. I found a few small bottles of water. I continued to look around only to realize that it seemed like no one else was ever in here besides me. Man what happened? I took off my coat and tie. I put everything within my coat and folded it to create a pocket. I picked up the knife and decided to keep that in my pocket along with my phone. I placed everything else inside and ran my tie through it to create a makeshift backpack. I stood up and placed my bag on top of the roof and stood up. It was twilight. Hmm, even with the small flashlight, who knows how long it'll be before I find someone to help me. I needed to save it for when I really needed it.

I sighed as I pulled my stuff back in and sat back down. I pulled out my phone and hoped that maybe there was a signal or something. Nothing. I looked through my photos. There were still all my photos. I scrolled through them and looked at the ones from the party to try to figure out what happened. I stopped when I scrolled over a screenshot. Everything suddenly hit me as I re-read what I read before the party. I forgot I screenshotted the disappearances. My memories suddenly came back. I remember I walked out to this limo to chill after I was unable to track down my guys. I was looking at the stars and there was one that was slightly larger and was I going crazy to think it was slowly getting bigger? I looked at the article and kept reading the line.