part 5;

one month later

one month later

(also i hate this title lol imagine being uncreative)

kenma's POV

"One more, Kenma. You're doing great!!" y/n cheers me on during our stamina training. 

"I don't think I can do it," I huff.

"Kenma. Just one more lap. Just one more week until winter break. Then we can crash at Kuroo's every night and play video games all day long until he goes to Osaka or something, yeah?" she grins. Her hair is messy and her cheeks are flushed. I want to run over and squish her into a big hug. 

"Hokkaido. He's going to Hokkaido," 

"Whatever. He talks way too much. I can't remember much of what he says," she starts to jog next to me. "One more lap, Kenma," 

After practice, she's waiting at the entrance to the locker room for Kuro and I. We walk back together. 

"Where are you going to go to slouch all day while I'm away?'" Kuroo says.

I'm not too big on inviting people over. My parents hate it when I have company. Actually, they just hate me in general. They freak out if Kuroo stays for longer than an hour and start getting all panicky. 

Kuroo lifts and eyebrow at me, and y/n notices. "Come over to mine," she offers. 

I nod. "Maybe," 

Today, we stop to get ice cream before going our separate ways. Midterms are next week, and so we've been limiting time spent gaming and hanging out. I reach home, and my mom immediately calls out to me. 

"Kenma? Is anyone with you?" 

"No, mom. All of us have to study now," 

"All of us?" she questions. "Oh, right. You have a new friend now, right?" 

I nod and kind of quickly run upstairs before she asks anymore questions.

I brood over homework for a few hours, taking small breaks in between for dinner and stuff. I feel tempted to just stop and play something, but if I fail my parents swore they would kick me out. But did one (probably at least 12) game(s)of league of legends ever hurt someone?

midterms week

I can't remember anything. 

We have about an hour left to finish, and my mind has gone completely blank. I've done about 2 questions, and I'm not sure they're anywhere near the actual answers. My mind is drifting to minecraft, lunch, and y/n. I look down at my paper, but I can't seem to focus. I finish the rest of the problems, but I'm sure I got them all wrong. 

I sit with Kuro and y/n and Lev during lunch, and y/n gives me an easy day during training. We all walk back together again. 

"How do you guys think you did?" y/n asks.