Chapter 11

Dream's POV
You don't notice little things like how long hallways were until you get chased down in them. As a practitioner of parkour, losing these men should've been easy. Both Techno and I had a pretty good speed. Not to mention, the guards were all older, and weighed down by heavy gear. However, they were obviously trained to chase teenage boys down absurdly long hallways. It was strange to me that they hadn't used their guns yet. It was almost as if they weren't allowed to shoot.

After a series of quick sharp turns and strategic movements, we had lost them. The guards had lagged behind us. At this point, my ankles were about to give out. They were throbbing in aches and pains. We decided that making a beeline to the cafeteria was a horrible idea and sneaking there was far more efficient.

Just then, someone grabbed my shoulder, I spun around, ready to smack them, only to see A6d.

"A6d?" I whispered, surprised to see him. He shushed me, before throwing his arms around my body.

"Thank god, you guys are alive," he murmured.

Techno yanked us into an empty classroom just as a guard walked past.

"Save your reunion for later," he whispered angrily. We gave him a sheepish grin.

"Did you guys get the message?" A6d asked. I nodded.

"We can get through the cafeteria. It's the fastest way,"

Just then, we heard someone yelling outside the room. Peeking out, we noticed a blonde, freshman boy, being grabbed by a much larger guard.

"I don't even have a mark, you jerk! Let me go!" he yelled, thrashing violently against the other man. He didn't even budge. He just continued dragging the kid. If we waited for the guard to leave, we can get to the cafeteria, which was just around the corner.

I turned to Techno, only to see his eyes widened in shock.

"That's Tommy!" he murmured, his voice sounded incredibly frantic, "I have to get him!"

He began moving, I grabbed his arm and yanked him back down.

"Are you crazy? We can't take that man!" A6d nodded in agreement.

He stared back at me, disbelief was visible on his face, "If that was Bad, you would save him,"

I opened my mouth to speak, but couldn't find the right words. I glanced over to A6d, who looked back, his face read, what do we do?

Techno's brows furrowed, yet, his face wasn't angry. Just sad and a little scared. The most emotion I've ever seen him have.

"I'm gonna get Tommy and pass him to you. Just grab him and go, I'll lead the guy away."

I opened my mouth to speak, but he jumped up and barged out the door before I could stop him. Cursing inwardly, I ran out after him.

Techno tackled the man, practically throwing himself at the guy. The guard let out a surprised grunt.

During this movement, the man's grasp weakened on Tommy, who squirmed out. I looked at A6d, motioning him to go. He bit his lips before grabbing Tommy and taking off.

The man looked at us. His eyes held an indiscernible emotion.

"Mask and Pinky," he growled lowly, then he smirked.

"You should cooperate, I get paid more if I take you two alive."

He reached to his belt and pulled out a large baton. It charged with electricity. Visible blue sparks flew off. Yikes.