Sweet Peas

Sweet peas are small and delicate-looking flowers with a very sweet smell. They are also used in the cosmetic industry for their heavenly smell. They particularly symbolize many thanks and offer blissful pleasure.

— — —

Both sides were holding each other at gunpoint. Not a single muscle moved from their bodies as they glared at each other fiercely, and the silence blanketing them was so thick that you could hear a grenade pin drop.
Suddenly, the sound of footsteps hitting the marble floor rang throughout the room and stopped when a handsome man dressed neatly in a dark suit arrived at the scene with his hands in his pockets. He stood next to the many men standing their ground with weapons in their hands in the inner part of the room, facing the smaller group of buff men on the opposite side near the entrance.
"So nice of you to finally show up, Marcello," the older man on the other side declared.
"What is the meaning of this, Mr. Colombo?" Marcello questioned with a stern face as he glanced at a few of his injured men on the side.
"I am sure you know the reason," he answered, unamused.
"No, I clearly do not so please elaborate. I will listen to whatever problem you have with us, so let's put away the guns. Shall we?" He raised his hand as a signal and his men lowered their guns obediently. Colombo eyed him warily before doing the same. "Now, before you start, I just want to say that your reason better be good enough to warrant breaking into my home and injuring my men."
"Oh, trust me, you'll be just as shocked to hear what I'm about to say."

—TWO NIGHTS AGO—

     "Should we get drinks again, my boys?" Lorenzo asked, swinging his arms onto the shoulders of his two subordinates in the Colombo family.
"Sorry, sir, I have to get home to my wife tonight. She's due in a while," one of them answered.
"Ah, yes. I hope she has a good delivery, that pretty little thing."
"Thank you, sir." He smiled uneasily then quickly made his way home.
     Lorenzo now turned to his other subordinate. "What about ya? Up for another round of drinks with me?"
"I reckon I would've agreed a week ago, Lorenzo, but I decided I'd cut down since my ma became sick recently. There's nobody but me to look after her right now, and I'd follow in her footsteps if I ain't there with her when she passes."
'Why the lot of them got some sappy reason for not wanting to drink with me? I ain't even that bad after a few drinks,' he thought. He looked around and spotted a beautiful lady in the corner eyeing him just as he was to her; she swept her hair to the side, exposing her long neck, before turning around and walking away, her hourglass figure showing through the tight black dress she wore. He swallowed and rubbed his face before turning towards his subordinate. "Right, you should go on home to your old ma then and take well care of her. Hear me? I'll go have some fun. . ." Lorenzo patted his back and walked away.
     His subordinate watched him jog up to the woman and snake his thick arm around her small waist, pulling her to him. 'She seems like an interesting woman. Guess Lorenzo will have quite a good time later,' he thought. The one thing he noticed immediately was her fiery red curls cascading down her back.
"Hey, sweet pea. Watcha doing walking alone so late at night? It's quite dangerous round these parts here," Lorenzo stated.
     She smirked and looked up at him. "What, you think a woman like me can't handle myself?" she asked, her voice soft and alluring.
"Just saying. . .Well, since I'm here, how about I walk with ya? No man will want to bother ya with someone like me next to ya."
     He showed off his buff figure, and she giggled into her hand. "Well, that's for sure. Then, I guess you can be my personal bodyguard for tonight." She leaned into him and put her hand against his lower abdomen, and his hand gripped her hip tightly in response.
'Shit, I might have hit a jackpot tonight!' He leered at her body and grinned to himself.
     She caught him staring, and a smile found its way onto her lips. "This is where I'm staying," she said as they stopped in front of a hotel.
"Oh, are you not from around here?" he asked.
"You could say that. . ." She grabbed his hand and lead him inside to the lobby. "Since you stayed with me out of the kindness of your heart, I should reward you for it. Shouldn't I?"
"Hm, I like the sound of that."
     She grinned and walked up to the counter where the receptionist was. "I'm checking in for Mia under the Caprici family."
"Oh, of course, ma'am." The receptionist handed over the room key without hesitation.
"Thank you."
"You don't look like a Mia," Lorenzo voiced.
"I don't? What do I look like then?" She hugged his arm, pressing her breasts against him.
"Uh, I. . .I dunno. Something that ain't Mia. . ." She giggled at his response then bit her pink lips.
"I heard the name Caprici just now. You're from their organization?"
     She averted her eyes and pursed her lips. "Hm, yeah. Do you know them?" She blinked at him in curiosity.
"Oh, yeah, definitely. We just agreed on a truce not long ago with the head. Uhhh, what was his name again? Mario? Mar. . .Mar. . ."
"Marcello," she finished for him.
"Yes, him! I still can't believe they let him take over. He looks unfit to be the head of a large organization like the Caprici."
"He looks physically fit though, makes me wonder what's under all that. . ." she mumbled, biting her lip.
"What did you say?" Lorenzo asked, and she shook her head.
"It's nothing. We're here." She stopped in front of her room and unlocked the door. As she entered, he hugged her from behind and put his face against her neck while his hands roamed her body. "Someone's impatient. Shouldn't we at least close the door?"
"Don't worry, sweet pea. I got it covered," he murmured against her milky skin then kicked the door shut with his foot. A sweet moan escaped her lips as he fondled her breasts roughly and rubbed his rough palm against her inner thigh. He then proceeded to push her onto the bed where the hem of her dress hiked up her legs to reveal her purple lace underwear.
     Lorenzo licked his lips then stripped in a hurry and watched her with hungry eyes, and she teased him by pushing the straps of her dress and bra down her shoulders. He got into bed as well and trailed the length of her long legs with his mouth then sniffed her scent; it was sweet and intoxicating.
That very scent was so euphoric to his senses that he became a bit dizzy as he tried to remove her underwear. Once inside of her, he leaned his face into her neck once more while groaning as he moved to his own rhythm.
"You smell delicious," she declared sweetly into his ear.
"I can. . .say the same. . .to you too," he responded breathlessly. Soon, his vision clouded, and he felt dizzy as if he had drunk more than he could handle.
     Mia flipped him over so that she was on top of him now, and she looked up to the ceiling in satisfaction as her eyes glowed red. "I haven't had a meal like you in some time," she voiced, licking her lips. "Your energy is bigger than most, probably because your sex drive is higher, but it's not as sweet since you've gone around fucking multiple women."
     His eyes threatened to close, and her voice seemed far away. 'Fuck, what's happening to me?' Right before his eyes closed shut, he got a glimpse of an intricate and elegant tattoo on her lower abdomen.
     She stopped moving and watched his limp body with disappointment. "Gone already? I thought you'd last longer than this. How long has it been? Fifteen minutes? Maybe less. . ." Mia got off his body and put her clothes back on then folded her arms as she watched him on the bed. "What should I do with you now?"