Chapter 22

Happy Monday!! This is a very short chap, but I wanted to go ahead and get this out since I wasn't sure I'd have time today to write the second part and publish it before I go back to work! Let me know what ya'll think! I love reading all of your ...

Happy Monday!! This is a very short chap, but I wanted to go ahead and get this out since I wasn't sure I'd have time today to write the second part and publish it before I go back to work! Let me know what ya'll think! I love reading all of your comments!

Mila blinked her eyes open, the morning sun shining brightly through the window of Josef's bedroom.

"Good morning," Josef spoke against her ear, his arm slipping around her waist, pulling her back against his chest.

"Good morning," She smiled, tilting her head around to look at him.

"I trust you slept well?" He asked, kissing her temple.

"Mhm," She nodded, extending an arm over her head in a stretch as she rolled over to face him. "What time is it?" She asked lazily, pressing her forehead against his.

"Nearly ten," He replied, brushing a curl from her face, his hand lingering against her cheek.

"Ten o'clock?" She repeated, raising her eyebrows. She couldn't remember the last time she had gotten a full night's rest without the intrusion of the usual nightmares that plagued her dreams ... She hadn't woken up a single time during the night.

"Mhm," He nodded pulling her closer against him. "We missed breakfast, but I'm sure I could whip something up if you're hungry," He added with a grin.

"I'd love that," She smiled, giving him a peck on the lips.

Leaning into her kiss, Josef rolled onto his back, pulling her on top of him. She kissed him back, bracing her hands against his bare chest, her heartbeat quickening. Sitting up with her straddling his lap, he wrapped his arms around her, holding her firmly against him as his lips trailed down her neck.

"J-Josef," She stammered, fighting back the fog that was creeping into her mind. As badly as she wanted to stay in bed with him all day, she had her weekly Saturday meeting with the Lingards in just a few short hours. "Breakfast, remember?" She smirked, when he tilted his head up to look at her.

"Right," He chuckled, planting one more kiss underneath her ear before releasing her, allowing her to slide off his lap, back onto her side of the bed. Sitting on the edge of the bed, he grabbed his boxers off the floor, slipping them on as he stood to his feet. Realizing she, herself, also wasn't wearing any clothing, Mila pulled the blankets up to her neck, her cheeks flushing slightly. "Here," He said, picking up his button down from the floor and handing it to her. She nodded in thanks. Slipping her arms through the sleeves, she buttoned up the front before slipping out of bed.

"So what do you plan on whipping up?" She asked, following behind Josef as they walked down the hall.

"What would you like?" He asked, as they rounded the corner into the kitchen.

"Well coffee, for starters," She smirked, sitting down at the kitchen table.

"That can be arranged," He chuckled, opening the cupboard and pulling out the coffee canister. Preparing the kettle with the grounds and some water, he sat it on the stove top.

"As for food..." She trailed off, standing to her feet and walking to the refrigerator. Opening the door, she peered inside.

"I'm in charge of breakfast," Josef said against her ear, slipping an arm around her waist and pulling her away from the fridge. "All you have to do is sit right here," He began, leading her back to the kitchen table. "And tell me what you want."

"Pancakes," She replied, after she had thought it over for a moment. Accepting the cup of coffee he had poured for her, she watched as he poured himself one.

"You got it," He grinned.

------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote & comment! I am so thankful to have readers like ya'll! <3