1

Peter was excited. It was not only the first time to go on a mission with the Avengers, it was also the first time to meet many of them. After the accords, Tony had insisted to never show Peters real identity to the other Avengers, not even after they had signed them and made up with each other. Even Peter, who had never met any of them before the accords, noticed how Tony acted different around the rougue Avengers. He was keeping his distance, easily irritated and insisted to keep Peter away from them.

After all, the rougue Avengers had never seen him without his mask. They knew him as the overly-talkative superhero they fought and was surprisingly strong. The only time they didn't see him as Spider-Man was when he accidentily walked inside the kitchen while they were having a conversation about a mission. After he awkwardly walked away, Tony spent three hours to explain that Peter was an intern who was showing an interesting invention in his lab, and that he had only just remembered his name.

But now, everything was different. This wasn't a meeting like the last few times when he only spoke to the heroes for about a few minutes, this was a whole day he would spend with them.

A whole day during a life-threatening mission.

Of course no one besides Rhodey, Pepper, Happy and Tony knew that this would be the first time Peter went on such a dangerous mission. They knew that he had defeated the Vulture, but no one knew about the traumatic events that happened during that night and the other attempts to stop him. Not only the building that collasped on him had left a haunting memory, but also the dropping in the lake. For a good few moments, Peter didn't know what to do or how to breathe, and if it wasn't for Tony to save him he was sure he would've died.

That was why Peters excitement dropped when he saw the coordinates on the map at the front of the helacarrier. "Uhm, Mr. Stark?" He squeaked, trying his best to sound older because villains mostly thought he was a twelve-year-old girl by the high puperty sound that didn't even try to hide themselves in his voice. "Yeah kid?" Tony responded, not looking up from his phone on which he was -most likely- playing a game. Peter pointed at the red dot that blinked rapidly, showing the place they were about to go to.

"Is that where we'll have our mission?" He asked. Tony looked up for a split second, only giving half an eye to the annoying light that was nothing more than a blur inside his vision. He got his attention back to his phone while mumbling something. Peter had to listen in to know what he was saying. "Yup. Fury said it was a Hydra base."

Peter furrowed his eyebrows as he checked the red dot with the coordinates once again. "But... but that's in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Is it a mistake?" Tony shook his head and sighed deeply when his battery died. He put his phone down and stood up, keeping his balance by grabbing the roof of the helacarrier. "No it's not a mistake. S.H.I.E.L.D. would never give wrong information and my technology can't be wrong. I think the base is in or floating on the ocean."

That made Peter's heart sink to his stomach. His eyes grew wider, but luckily no one could see it through the mask. If he wasn't leaning on one of the metal chairs he would've been shaking and trembling with fear. A few haunting memories of him falling into the water, not knowing how to get to the surface and almost drowning came into his vision, drawing out what was actually happening in front of him. He clenched and unclenched his fists a few times and tried to focus on something else. The first thing that came in mind was Captain America's voice, the one thing that made him calm but strong at the same time.

"Alright, we're almost at our destination," he began, before he was rudely interrupted by Clint. "Wait, we're almost there? I can't see anything but water. It will take at least a few hours before we get to the land." Natasha nudged his elbow to make him shut up and rolled her eyes with a blink of irritation glowing in it. "Just listen to what he has to say. Obviously the Hydra base is on the ocean." Steve nodded gratefully towards Natasha, who only raised one eyebrow as a signal for him to continue.