4

《Third person pov》
Where is Mr. Stark? Peter wondered as he was floating on the large piece of debris with Natasha at his side. It felt like it had been days since he found the woman and bandaged her leg,but it had probably only been a few hours. His mouth was getting incredibly dry and the first dehydrated feelings started to form in his stomach. He knew that the symptoms would start soon, which made him wonder the question once again.

Where is Mr. Stark?

Peter knew that it had been a few hours before he found Natasha and he knew that a couple more had passed within the deadly silence that hung between the two. With the thirsty feeling that lingered in his mouth he calculated that it had been approximately eight to nine hours. He looked up at the sky and saw the pink clouds and orange sky near the horizon. The mission began at 12 that morning. It was winter, so if it really had been eight hours the sun was supposed to go down.

The next horrible thought came to mind; do we have to spend the night?
He slowly turned his head to look at Natasha, who almost leaped over the edge of the metal as she tried to catch a fish with one of her knives. Peter knew that if they wanted to survive they had to eat, but catching a fish with barely anything is almost laughable. He saw by the way the woman sat that she knew it was a hopeless task as well, but that she wanted to do something. Anything.

"Natasha?" Peter asked softly. The way his voice shook almost made him sound like a toddler, but in these circumstances he couldn't care less about hiding his true age. "Yeah?" She responded with such calmness Peter wondered if she even cared about dying. "Do you think it will take long before they find us." Natasha sighed deeply and fiddled with the knife.

"I don't know Peter. We are in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, it might even take days before they find us." She quickly stabbed the water and cursed when she realized she had missed her prey. It was silent for a moment, the only sound being Natasha's steady breathing as she focused on the water again.
"At least it's not the Pacific." Peter said to break the stubborn awkwardness between the two.

"What do you mean with that?" The woman scoffed. Peter shrugged casually. "Just saying, it could have been worse. This is only the second biggest ocean on earth." He smiled after the sentence, but it wasn't a genuine one -though nobody would be able to see through it because of the mask. He had to try everything to keep himself from freaking out over the billions of liters water that surrounded him from every direction. Luckily Natasha smiled as she leaned back for a bit, putting her bleeding leg at ease.

"Does it hurt badly?" Peter asked. Of course he was worried about his fellow Avenger, but at the moment he couldn't help but feel a bit relieved with the distraction. As he was so busy with her leg, he forgot his fears for a bit.
"It's okay, besides, there is not much that you can do." Natasha said, gripping her leg. The blood was slowly pouring through the fabric that was once the left sleeve of Peter's suit. It slid down her fingers and repeatedly dripped onto the metal with soft ticks.

She looked up at the younger boy and squeezed her eyes, as if she tried to look through his mask. It made Peter feel a bit uncomfortable, but at the same time he felt safe. It had something that made him feel secure, like she'd be there when he would be hurt. He pointed at the bloodied fabric that was wrapped around the wound in the woman's leg.

"I know there is nothing we can do, but the wound is getting worse. You should stop moving if you don't want it to keep ripping open. Also, you don't know what has been in that shark's mouth. Who knows, maybe you've got an infection already. You have to take this seriously." He said in his serious voice -or as Tony would've said; his bad impersonation of Captain America.

Natasha waved it away with her hand. "I know that it's bleeding a lot, but the wound is not fatal. Right now we need to focus on finding Bucky and Steve."
Shit, Peter thought. He had totally forgotten about the two men who were still looking for their teammate, and now probably for him too. He started to look around with movements so fast, he was sure he heard something crack from the back of his neck. He knew it was a hopeless task; there was no way they would be swimming this way after being separated for a few hours.

"How are we supposed to do that? I was looking for you for over an hour, and they went the other way. The chances of us finding each other is extremely low. Being together doesn'tdo anything anyways, we'll just be stuck here with four instead of two." He said with a long, desperate sigh. Normally he would try to look from the bright side, but the constant flashing of haunting images in front of his eyes made him unable to see any positivity in this situation.

Natasha seemed to notice the sudden change of emotions from the young hero. She knew that staying positive during these circumstances was prettymuch impossible, but throughout the whole mission and the way there on the quinjet he kept talking and making puns and references to stuff she never understood. She immediately saw that he would be a person to bright up the darkest parts of the day. That was why his strange behaviour was even more confusing.

"At least we'll know if they are alive." She tossed back. Peter looked up to see her stare at him, waiting for a response. There was a long, gut wrenching silence. Without blinking or looking away he responded. "Let's just hope that they're okay, I can't have their deaths on my conscience too."

Natasha moved her leg to a more comfortable position with a painful grunt. "Why would their deaths be your fault? And what do you mean with "too"?" She asked, raising one eyebrow slightly. Peter sighed deeply, crossing his legs. He fiddled with his thumbs and picked at the thin fabric that was covering his hands.

"I have this sixth sense that tells me when danger comes, I knew what was about to happen before it even happened. I could've warned the Winter Soldier before he fell, if I did then Cap wouldn't have ran after him. But even if I didn't warn him, I stilk could've pulled Cap away from the edge before everything started to shake again. I could've prevented their coming deaths. But I did nothing. And look where we are now."

His voice got softer with each sentence, barely coming above a whisper during the last few words. He scoffed slightly. "That wouldn't be the first time though." He said so softly Natasha had to do her best to hear it.

"What do you mean?"

I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE FOR LIKE ALMOST A MONTH

SORRY

Okay ily bye
~Moonpie