Chapter 12- Confessions

A/N Trolls in this world don't have prehensile hair, and it can't change color.

Branch's POV

I knew she'd want to hear more now, so I began to tell her. 

Flashback

"I'll wash the hang up the clothes and then we can play okay?" Grandma Rosiepuff said the young 5 year-old Branch.

"Okay!" Little Branch yelled, picking a rose.

He walked toward the outer part of the branch to see everything below him. He used the rose as a microphone and began singing for his grandma.

"And I need you now tonight!

And I you more than ever!

And if you only hold me tight,

A Bergen crept up on Branch, ready to capture him. 

"And we'll only be making it right,"

"Branch!"

"And I-"

"Branch, watch out!"

Grandma Rosiepuff pushed him off, getting caught instead of him.

"GRANDMA!"

Little Branch felt a cloud wash over him, and he looked down to see that he was...gray.

Back to Present

"I've never sung since, and have stayed gray." Branch said.

"Branch, you're more than just a gray troll," Poppy said. "And I thought you just had an awful voice."

"Not at all, Grandma used to say it was like an angel's," I replied.

Poppy's POV

I finally found Branch's soft side. Since he trusted me with this, I decided to trust him back. I took a deep breath, " I have magic hair that glows when I sing."

"What?" Branch looked at me like I was crazy.

Wait, glows? The water was about to engulf us. "I have, magic hair that glows when I sing!" I exclaimed as realization hit me. Petal hid inside my hair, quivering.

"Flowergleamandglowletyourpowershine," I sang as quick as could, taking a big gulp of air as we went under. Suddenly, the darkness was lit up by my hair glowing bright orange. I glanced at Branch, who gasped and quickly covered it.

Branch's POV

'No way, it can't be! She has the- never mind, we need to get out of here,' I thought to myself.

Poppy's hair lit up an area of loose rocks, and I thought we can get out there. We began pulling away the rocks as fast as we could. They fell out, and we swan out, the current pushing us along. 

Poppy's POV

I popped up from the water, gasping for breath. Branch rose a second later. We swan to the shoreline to rest. 

"We're alive," I mumbled. "We're alive, We're alive, We're alive!" I rejoiced. 

"So, wanna tell me about your magic hair?"

"Yeah, it doesn't just glow," I gestured to his hurt hand. His jaw dropped in shock. He stood up and walked forward. 

"Come on, we need to find a campsite first."

A/N y'all gonna LOVE the next chapter! It will take me a while so please be patient:)